Apple Pie Pops Recipe
Enjoy a summer picnic with one of these delicious and healthy yogurt pops. Besides being lower in sugar, and fat than traditional American yogurt, Greek yogurt provides a healthy combo of protein, acidophilus, and calcium. You can have that second helping without the guilt.
If your craving a different slice of pie, try preparing this with pears, peaches, cherry, or blueberries.
Apple Pie Pops Ingredients
- 1 cup, Diced Apples (canned or fresh- cooked down to soften)
- 1 cup, Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsps, Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp, Vanilla
- 2 tsp, Ground Cinnamon
- 2 whole Graham Crackers
Apple Pie Pops Directions
- Rough chop apples.
- Combine greek yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla together and set aside.
- Combine cinnamon and chopped apples.
- Add graham crackers in food processor and process into large crumbs.
You can also let the kids get in on the action by placing them in a sealed sandwich bag and let them pound away.
- Add layers in the popsicle mold of :graham cracker crumbs, yogurt mixture, fruit mixture. Continue until full.
- Place molds in freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove gently from cup and serve with a smile!
Makes 6 servings
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on July 31, 2013