50 Graduation Gift Ideas
Graduation means gifts. And if you’re anything like me, you just need inspiration for what to get a newly graduated student. Many of these ideas would be appropriate for a high school graduate entering college. However, some would probably work for a college graduate too who is getting their own apartment.
Many of these items are under $20, while some are around $70. These are very practical gifts as well. I am truly a practical gift giver because I think it makes the most sense :) Whatever your budget or gifting practicalities, I’m sure you will find something to gift to a graduate this season.
- “Oh the Places You Will Go” book signed by the giver with advice inside.
- Mini scrapbook with well wishes and advice. There are always great photo deals on these.
- Collage of pictures of the graduate throughout the year.
- Homemade coupons for a time in need like “Do my Laundry” “Send me Cookies” etc.
- “Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey
- “Start“ by Jon Acuff.
- Towels and washcloths.
- Laundry basket with laundry products which can come from your stockpile.
- Roll of quarters (that they can use for vending machines or laundry).
- Shower caddy with hygiene products from your stockpile.
- Gas gift cards purchased.
- Cookbook with ingredients to make a few meals.
- Rain kit: rain poncho, boots and umbrella.
- Office supplies (be sure to subscribe to our Back to School page so you know when the sales start!).
- Microwave for late night snacking.
- Cooler filled with the grad’s favorite snacks.
- “Getting Things Done“ by David Allen
- Magazine subscriptions, many are under $5 and you can use their dorm address.
- Milk crate full of dorm supplies.
- First Aid Kit.
- Griddle (if allowed) for making sandwiches and breakfast items.
- Logo duffle bag with sweatshirt, blankets, sheets.
- Moleskine Planner to keep them organized.
- Graduation invitation shredded up inside a clear glass ornament.
- Bucket with cleaning supplies (from your stockpile).
- Move night in a box.
- Self laminating machine in case they need to laminate worksheets or papers.
- Water pitcher.
- Computer software to help with productivity (lots of options for this one depending on your OS).
- Jump drive. You can never have too many jump drives!
- T-Shirt quilt.
- T-shirt pillow.
- Photo Mug with a custom photo of school or their new college logo.
- Custom notebook.
- No sew blanket.
- Extra power chargers.
- Space saving shoe rack. Dorms aren’t that big and any way to organize will help!
- Wristlet or nice backpack to keep throughout the upcoming years.
- Bible. The good book. ‘Nuff said.
- Digital camera.
- Bike since most incoming freshman cannot have a vehicle.
- Noise cancelling headphones to use at the library or with a roommate that snores.
- Luggage for Spring Break!!
- Board Games for those chill nights. Do they exist in college?
- Over the Door Mirror since again, space is limited in some dorms.
- Small Fan that is smaller to attach to the bed headboard. It will drown out the noise of a snoring roommate too.
- Surge Protector which is essential for all electronics.
- Extension Cord which can make them BFF with roomies if they have lots of outlets.
Do you have other good graduation gift ideas?
Please leave a comment and let us know!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on May 23, 2013