Making “Rock” Easter Eggs
Print This Post
Let me show you a fun and different way to color Easter Eggs. Get the kids involved. It takes no more time than if you were coloring your eggs the traditional way.
Rock Easter Eggs Materials
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Olive oil
- Food Coloring
Directions for Assembly
- Pour some warm water in cups (depending on how many colors you want to make).
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each cup (more if you want a darker egg).
- Carefully drop an egg into each cup and leave it there until the desired color is achieved (may take a few minutes on each one).
- Carefully lift them out using the fork and place on a paper towel to drain.
- When all your eggs have been colored, add 1 tablespoon of oil to each cup of colored water and stir gently with the fork.
- Take you dried colored eggs and drop them gently into a cup with a different color than your egg. Gently roll around in the cup for a few seconds and then lift out and place on a clean paper towel.
- Gently blot each egg with a clean paper towel. Finish the rest of your eggs this way.
You now have a beautiful bounty of eggs that look like rocks. Not your usual Easter Eggs!
by Savings Lifestyle: Mary on April 11, 2011