Dollar General Deals: $5/$25 Coupon + Scenario

Dollar General has just released it’s newest ad and there are some good deals!  They have also released a $5 off of $25 purchase coupon – valid 1/8/2011 only.  I’ve put together a few scenarios for you if you’d like to take a look!

Suggested Scenario

$3.50 All Liquid Laundry Detergent, 50 oz (purchase 2)
$1/1 All Liquid Laundry Detergent 12/5/2010 RP Insert (exp 1/9/2011)

$1 Quaker Quick Oats, 6.9 oz (purchase 2)
$1/1 Quaker Instant Oatmeal or Oats 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 4/30/2011)

$1 Pasta Roni, 4.8-6.2 oz or Rice A Roni, 7.2-7.9 oz (purchase 4)
B1G1 FREE Pasta Roni WYB (3) Rice a Roni 1/2/2011 RP Insert (exp 4/30/2011)

$2 V8 Splash Tropical, 64 oz (purchase 2)
$1/2 V8 Splash Juice 1/2/2011 SS Insert (exp 2/13/2011)
$1/2 Campbell’s Diet V8 Splash Juice Beverage

$2 Olay Body Wash (purchase 2)
$2/1 Olay Soap, Body Wash or Lotion 12/26/2010 P&G Insert (exp 1/31/2011)

$2 Welch’s Juice, 64 oz (purchase 2)
$1/1 Welch’s 100% Grape Juice or Blends 12/12/2010 SS Insert (exp 2/13/2011)
$1/1 Welch’s Light Concord Grape Juice Beverage

Plus use $5/$25 Dollar General Coupon (1/8/2011 Only)

Net Price $8 – only $0.57 per product!

Find more Weekly Sales + Coupon Matches!

Disclaimer: This post contains a link to an affiliate. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.

by Savings Lifestyle: Amber on January 04, 2011

• Melissa - January 04, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

How do you do this our DG registers will not except the $5.00 of with coupons???? We ring the $5.00 first and then it will NOT accept my coupons next????

• Savings Lifestyle: Amber - January 04, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

Melissa, the coupon just states that it can’t be used with other Dollar General Coupons. They sometimes issue store coupons so this is what they are referring to. Manufacture coupons should be fine to use with this coupon as there is no exception listed for those. Sorry you had such a hard time at your store! Be sure to have them scan the $5/$25 first, because if you use your manufacture coupons before the $5/$25 your total may no longer be over $25.

• Melissa - January 04, 2011 @ 4:09 pm
      2.1

Yes, we did the $5.00 first and even made sure everything I had was not on their excluded list but the registers still would not take it. I was bummed and even drove to another DG around here and not luck. :( I just checked on another one I got and it says “Not valid with any other coupons or offers.” not just Dollar General ones. Oh well thanks though

• Debbie - January 07, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

I just went to Dollar General today and the $5/$25 coupon that prints at the bottom of the receipts is coded and worded different that the internet printable $5/$25. The receipt coupon definitely says no other coupons allowed and has a different “x” code on it. I am going to try my luck with the internet coupon tomorrow and hope for the best.

• Michelle - January 04, 2011 @ 6:39 pm

At my store it depends on the checker. I have had some tell me absolutely NO other coupons can be used with the $5 coupon. Another checker let me use coupons but they had to come off first and the final total had to be over $25…then they took off the $5 coupon.

• Savings Lifestyle: Amber - January 04, 2011 @ 7:07 pm
      3.1

It sounds like it does depend a lot on your location. The wording on the coupon absolutely doesn’t prohibit the use of manufacture coupons – only Dollar General coupons. Plus, their coupon policy allows stacking of Dollar General and Manufacture together – so it doesn’t make sense to me that they would not allow it. Let’s just hope for coupon friendly stores, I suppose! (and maybe take a copy of their own policy along with you)

• Jon - March 28, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

I can NEVER get those $5 off Dollar General coupons to print out. The software installs but the website keeps demanding to install it. Why can’t they just display the coupon on the sight that can be printed directly from the image?

• Savings Lifestyle: Andrea - March 29, 2011 @ 9:40 am
      4.1

Jon, most manufacturers require the use of a coupon printing software to prevent coupon fraud. Many people will print thousands and take advantage of the system hurting all of us.