Gift in a Jar: Raisin Oat Scone Mix
Print This Post
The following post is from Aunt Mary…
As a reminder, for all of the Gifts in a Jar recipes you will need a Jar of any type. Mason Jars work well, or an old food jar. The ideal size is at least a quart to make sure all the layers show.
Raisin Oat Scone Mix Gift in a Jar Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup, Raisins
- 1 cup, Old-Fashioned Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups, Flour
- 2 tsp, Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp, Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp, Salt
Instructions for assembling the Jar:
- Add the oats into the jar as the first layer.
- Add the raisins.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and add to jar.
Once all of the steps above are complete, cover the jar tightly with a lid. Add your fabric, ribbon or raffia and the directions for baking.
Directions for Baking
Make a copy of the cooking directions below and place them on a card or paper and attach to the jar.
:: 1 Jar, Raisin Oat Scone Mix
:: 1/2 cup, Butter (chilled and cut into pieces)
:: 1 cup, Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease two cookie sheets.
- Empty contents of jar into large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and blend with pastry blender or two knives until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in enough buttermilk until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Roll dough into a 12-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Makes about 30 scones.
Find several other ideas to make your own gifts in a jar!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on December 14, 2010