How to Make a Homemade Noise Maker

Homemade Noise Maker

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I am excited to contribute to the SC Johnson Family Economics blog. We visited the headquarters last week in Racine, WI and I was truly blown away with the campus and the amazing company I get to be a part of now too (I’ll share more on the trip next week).

I just HAD to share the Homemade Noise Maker article I shared over there. I was so excited that even non-craft me (with Andon’s help) could make a fabulous spirit accompaniment for our boys’ games! And, I’m not even concerned about being embarassed because of the sound because this is the new thing to do it seems. I’d love to hear any variations you’ve used to make your own in the post!

And, here’s another noise maker I took a picture of during one of Caleb’s games. Cute, right? I didn’t catch the little girl’s name, but I’m pretty sure it was Caleb’s teammate, Evan’s sister!

DSCN3267

While you’re over there, be sure to also check out the many ways to use an entire pumpkin as well. Pumpkins are down to $3.99 around here so these ideas can be a cheap way to get a lot of one special fruit..and vegetable (turns out it’s one of those that fall into both categories!). Outside of what I shared in that post, what other things can you do with a whole pumpkin?

Disclaimer: I am a paid freelance writer as part of the SC Johnson Family Economics blog. I hope you find the contributions I share on Family Economics valuable to you as a reader of Savings Lifestyle. See my Disclaimer Policy for additional information.

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 29, 2010

• lynn @ Maven of Savin - October 29, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

Congrats on the SC Johnson gig – that is awesome. Though I am overrun with “noise” right now, that is a totally cute craft for we “craftily challenged folks” – LOL!

• The Savings Lifestyle: Andrea - October 30, 2010 @ 12:58 pm
      1.1

Thanks, Lynn!! Trust me, if I can make the noise maker, anyone can. You’ll have to check out some of the other stuff on the Family Economics blog. Cathe is a contributor and she is the Head DIY gal. She makes her projects look so simple even I can do it. I need to spend time just going through everything – she’s a genius!

• Deborah - October 29, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

Just FYI pumkins are $1.99 at Aldi’s….that is per pumpkin!

• The Savings Lifestyle: Andrea - October 30, 2010 @ 12:57 pm
      2.1

Debbie, thanks!! I haven’t been getting an Aldi ad lately so I didn’t realize that was so cheap. I’m sure it will be that this upcoming week too. Thanks for sharing!!

• Melissa - October 29, 2010 @ 6:06 pm

I was born and raised in Racine and I need to correct you. Racine is in Wisconsin (WI) not Washington (WA). I’m sure it was just a typo, but we cheeseheads need to keep up appearances! Did you visit the Golden Rondelle and the Great Workroom? Hopefully they shared kringle with you as well. If not, well, make sure you try it next time you visit. Not to be missed. Yum!!

• The Savings Lifestyle: Andrea - October 30, 2010 @ 12:57 pm
      3.1

Melissa, yeah, I realized that – sorry!! We didn’t get to visit the Golden Rondelle but we saw it. We wanted to stop by but were limited with time. We didn’t get any info on Kringle either. Now I definitely want to go back to get all this stuff!!

• Gina - October 29, 2010 @ 11:11 pm

Um…Racine ,WI right not Washington. I live in Racine County WI so guess that’s why I noticed. Guess I must have missed the post that you said you were coming. The SC Johnson Wax building is awesome the city of Racine not so much. Well congrats!

• The Savings Lifestyle: Andrea - October 30, 2010 @ 12:55 pm
      4.1

Gina, YES. whoops!! Only a few thousand miles in between the WI and WA, right? I didn’t post that I was coming that way since I don’t always announce when I’m traveling but I did drop it on my Facebook wall. The campus was amazing. I loved SCJ products before but love even more what they do as a company. It was a great trip!