Nestle Family | Recap of the Happy, Healthy Gathering

DSCN1640

What do you get when you add Nerds (like the candy), Lasagna, Chocolate, Juice, Ice Cream, and Coffee? Well, besides the possible weight gain you may be thinking, you get a glimpse of the Worlds largest company, Nestle!

I cant tell you how much fun I had with some GREAT bloggers on this trip. People often ask me how I get invited. Honestly, I havent the slightest idea! Im always thinking that they have made a mistake when I get the email. But, I was as excited about this trip as the others I have been on because Nestle is a brand that is so relevant to Mommy Snacks since they offer several brands/sales that I share with you everyday!

As you saw from the other post, I met the Nesquick Bunny! The first night he was visiting as we mingled with one another. We stayed at the beautiful Langham Hotel. The Head Chef at the hotel is Michael Voltaggio from the show, Top Chef. YES! We got our picture with him too (I don’t know who took it, but here is a picture of Michael)! You can tell there are bloggers with their camera and camcorders out!!

DSCN1637

We had a jam packed two days. These events aren’t just fun and social, they really are work. Being away from my family is work even before I get there since it requires lining up sitters and puts an extra load on my husband. But, as I mentioned, Nestle was kind to send dinner to my family (we didn’t get steaks as some posts I have seen assumed) while I was away so that alleviated some stress for him.

We had the most comfy main meeting room (picture above). Yes, those are couches! I jokingly said “The only thing we are missing is a blanket to curl up in.” Then Tanuja offered to grab me one from the couch behind me! I was floored!! Needless to say, I think they outdid themselves with making us feel so at home.

We went from meeting to meeting learning information about the many Nestle Brands. Did you know there is no high fructose corn syrup in Juicy Juice? Honestly, I never really gave any thought to it before but its a definite plus in my book! And, have you ever seen the Edys Ice Cream and Dreyers Ice Cream have the same exact packaging? Well, thats a brand/acquisition issue and everything west of the Rockies is Dreyer‘s. Everything to the East is Edys. Now ya know!

We even had our own candy room to try some Nestle brands. Toni even made a chocolate bar for us! What do you get when you have several bloggers in a room and someone asks if they want to do something unique like that? Well, you get everyone raising their hand high because they know it’s total blog fodder!!

DSCN1644

We had an expo of sorts where we got to meet and talk to many marketing representatives on the brands: Jenny Craig, Juicy Juice, Water Division, Good Start Formula, Purina, Haagen-Dazs, PowerBar…and more – yeap, there are a LOT of brands in this company!

Nestle Family Expo

We had breakfast, lunches and even a Holiday idea session all using Nestle products as the entrée or part of the recipe. We also received recipe cards for everything we ate during the week. Im sure everyone knows how to use Nestle Chocolate Chips, but did you know how much you could do with Libbys Pumpkin Filling (yes its a Nestle brand)?? A ton!

The many recipes are also available on NestleFamily.com or VeryBestBaking.com. Here are a few pictures from the Holiday season session. The hands were just ice using rubber gloves!

DSCN1658DSCN1661

As a money-saving site, I often promote Nestle coupons. I personally think they have the best variety and coupon quantities available for their many brands. They are online and published in inserts on a frequent basis. I think I may have been one of few die-hard coupon users as an attendee. They caught a glimpse into our planning/strategic purchasing ways. I wanted to share more ideas I have on ways consumers can save with their brands. And, I wanted to ask them their position on the great Pumpkin Shortage – you know, all the important stuff :)

We got a little off of our agenda…

There was a bit of controversy as I mentioned in my previous post as well. I just want to say that I understand points in the conversation that were brought up in a civil way. However, it is very unfortunate that many people were attacking the bloggers who attended the event. I decided to share my thoughts on the controversy, but in a separate post (under the more personal section to the site). So, if you are at all interested whats in my head on all of this, click on over.

Otherwise, just know that I had a fantastic time being with friends, learning about the brands and sharing how Nestle can continue to make an impact on MY community – in my town and on this small piece of the web I call home.

Disclaimer: Nestle did not ask me to write this post, I wanted to write this post! All travel, incidentals and products were paid in full/received for this event. That does not affect the content I share with you here – the views and thoughts are all ME! My disclosure can explain anything you could ever want to know about anything that may need disclosing :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 06, 2009

• Katie - October 06, 2009 @ 8:35 am

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! I love reading your posts on Nestle, I am a huge fan of theirs, and I had NO idea they were also Libby’s! You’ve taught me something new today.

• Emily from Mommin It Up - October 06, 2009 @ 8:53 am

You hit the nail on the head when you said trips like these are work, and that making arrangements for your family while you’re gone is work (and is expensive!). That’s why more and more I think bloggers should be paid as consultants for trips like this.

• mommysnacks - October 06, 2009 @ 11:11 am
      2.1

Emily, that is the debate isn’t it!! And, one that I am definitely considering on any future trips.

• StephanieJ - October 06, 2009 @ 9:34 am

I am not in on all the details of what happend, nor do I care to get to involoved. However, you posted above…But, as I mentioned, Nestle was kind to send dinner to my family (we didn‚Äôt get steaks as some posts I have seen assumed) while I was away so that alleviated some stress for him.

But at the time, I specifically remember you tweeting about your husband getting them…Hubs just informed me the Omaha Steaks have arrived!!! The man loves meat, what can I say??!! Thanks #nestlefamily!!
    4:31 PM Sep 29th from TweetDeck

What really happend? You seem to be a person that strives to be honest, but that doesn’t seem to be very honest, does it?

• mommysnacks - October 06, 2009 @ 11:09 am
      3.1

Stephanie, I did, indeed tweet that. But, Omaha Steaks is a company, not a steak per se. Those posts are making that seem relevant to this conversation. I would argue that what my family ate courtesy of Nestle had NOTHING to do with unclean water and child slave labor, would you not agree with that? Again, I am taking a bigger picture look at this and don’t find relevancy in people nit picking comments.

And, I am an honest person, I think many will attest to that. I think the confusion out of that tweet came out of semantics possibly, maybe *the* shouldn’t have been in there if we want to make it grammatically correct.

• Alicia - October 06, 2009 @ 9:53 am

You didn’t mention what you found out regarding the pumpkin shortage! I am in a complete panic. I have been working on pumpkin recipes for a new ebook and I’m down to about 6 cans from my stockpile. Do I use them now or save them until Christmas?

I think I need to head a Pumpkin Summit to find out answers! I’ve just become addicted to pumpkin ravioli and learned to make pumpkin lattes at home-the withdrawals might be devastating.

• mommysnacks - October 06, 2009 @ 11:03 am
      4.1

Alicia – just the LOL I needed!!! A pumpkin summit would be a good suggestion too!

• Toni - October 06, 2009 @ 11:45 am

What a great post i too had a wonderful time with a company I already loved before the event.

• Alicia - October 06, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

You are so welcome! But I’m not joking :P

Everyone is arguing about Nestle and Omaha steaks, but where are they going to turn to on Thanksgiving?

If I have my way, there will be a pie on every table!

• MommyAmy - October 06, 2009 @ 4:25 pm

Wow! I thought your post was great, and that Nestle did a great job hosting those of you who were able to go. Never realized there was such controversy involving them, although I did know that the world health org. has changed their stance on breastfeeding vs. formula for mom’s with AIDS in the third world because babies were getting sick from bad water and dying vs. possibly catching AIDS from their mothers milk and dying years down the road. Basically we just live in a terrible world, can’t lay that at Nestle’s feet.

• Bridgette - October 09, 2009 @ 9:05 am

Great post, Andrea! I had a wonderful time meeting you.

And as a Nestle attendee, I can assure you that we did not receive steaks.

• Ashley B - October 16, 2009 @ 9:20 pm

If you’ve ever heard of Morton, Illinois, Nestle has a factory there and that’s where they can pumpkin. Every year Morton has a Pumpkin Festival. They always have pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin soup, and more to taste there, rides for the kids, and a craft show. It’s always the 3rd weekend in september. I’m originally from IL. It’s pretty cool to watch the pumpkins go from the conveyor belt outside to the plant inside.

I’m so glad that you got to go to Nestle. I have no idea what the controversy was, but Nestle is still a good company to me. I always like hearing about your trips.