Fat Burnin’ Friday: I’m Still Here :)

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

I’m still alive!!!

I haven’t posted anything on the Fat Burnin’ Friday front lately because I have been overwhelmed with life! And, honestly there isn’t much to update everyone with – I wish I could say there were. I did learn lots of new girations thanks to my Zumba class these past few weeks :)

My weight has stayed the same and it’s completely because I haven’t made it a priority! I did try a spinning. Have you ever done it? It is the BEST workout ever! That was two weeks ago and I was going to join this week, but my schedule got the best of me. Excuses, Excuses, I know!

I am hitting the gym again hard next week. I am definitely going to officially join the spinning class. They are on Monday and Wednesday. Those are paid classes, so I won’t want to be missing those (gotta get my money’s worth and all :). I’m also going to start doing a Cardio Boot Camp Kick Boxing Class with Marianne and maybe Lisa (did ya read this, Lisa – you are in too :). That should be fun.

I think the organized classes are a great motivator. I remember when I was in really good shape before having kids, I did organize step aerobics with alternating regular cardio on off days. It proved to have great results then, so I’m hoping it will do the same again.

I’m also going to use Friday as a running day. I feel I have lost any endurance I had built up. I think I want to try (how indifferent is that commitment) to run a Half Marathon in May next year. I wanted to do one this year and visited Mickey instead. I got up to the 8-mile run and never made it past that. That was a huge achievement for me as it was. I think I can do it again. I’m gonna try!!

So, how have your past few weeks gone? Any new exercise routines you are doing? Have you tried spinning at all? I am telling you the one class I went to, I was sweating and it was such an awesome workout. I’ve been told the instructor has a lot to do with it. The instructor we had was great, and everyone in the class was super nice too. That always helps being new at something – everyone truly welcomed me into the class!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 23
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 17

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (Please leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 09, 2009

• Jen - October 09, 2009 @ 9:50 am

I am facing the same uphill battle. I have been able to maintain my weight for a long time, but since turning 32 I feel like it is an uphill battle. My husband bought me another treadmill (he broke the last one) and I have started running again. It has done wonders on my mood, but I am not loosing weight. I am simply eating more and honestly, I want to eat everything in sight. My guess is its my wacky hormones. As for running, I started out walk/jogging and now I am up to 2 – 3 miles every other day. I would like to do a 5k or 10 k next year, so we will see.

• Amber - October 09, 2009 @ 10:54 am

I’ve never commented other than for a giveaway, so first I want to say hello. And that YOU CAN DO IT!

I decided in January that so help me, I was going to lose 25 lbs. I started going to the gym about 4 times a week. At first I thought it might kill me, but it got easier. After I was able to run 3 miles on the treadmill without wanting to die, I decided to run the track instead. And then I started the thinking it might kill me all over again. But that too got easier and I stuck with running on the track.

i also did a major overhaul of the types of things I made and ate for lunch and dinner. And together, the combo worked. Once I hit 25 lbs. I was really excited. But wasn’t done yet. If I could do that, I could certainly lose enough more to fit back into my pre-child clothes I have been hanging on to with vain hope.

So I kept going and how ironic that this post should come up today because just 2 days ago I got on the scale and was FINALLY the same weight as when I got married. All those out of style clothes I have been hanging on to in the vain hope of fitting into them again fit me!! Not that I’ll wear them, they’re way out of style, but just the fact that I can!

Sorry for the eternal comment, but like I said, that was just 2 days ago so I’m still excited. I have lost 37 lbs. You can totally do it!!!

• Becky - October 09, 2009 @ 12:14 pm

Hi Andrea,
    It’s funny that I’m reading this now. I JUST came home from a Spinning Class. I’ve been going to class on Mon & Fri at the East Butler YMCA for almost 6 months. I’ve lost 10 lbs (although I’ve been stuck there for awhile.) I haven’t really changed much else so I attribute every one of those pounds to all the sweating I do while Spinning. It’s a GREAT workout!

• Elizabeth - October 09, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

I went to a really “fun” spinning class in college. The instructor had us visualize riding up a very popular local mountain. Having been up that hill many times in a car, it was easy to visualize all of the hairpin curves as well as the State Park and view that was at the top. Boy, it was quite the sweat-fest and I would not have tried that mountain on a real bike.

• Amanda @ High Impact Mom - October 10, 2009 @ 12:57 am

I SO need to get back on the band wagon..I’ve gained 10 pounds since my dad started stressing me out with his life…and I started emotional eating to deal with it…UGh! You can do it…I know u can..and I’ll just keep coming back every Friday to kick u in the butt :)

• BusyMom - October 10, 2009 @ 7:42 am

Amber – Congratulations! What an inspiration.

Andrea – I fell off the wagon of everything for months and regained all that I had progressed earlier this year. Now, I am back in the swing on the food side, but struggling to get back into the groove on the exercise side. I hear Zumba and Spinning are both awesome, but I have no time to get to a formal class, so I have to rely on walking and DVD exercise.