Fat Burnin’ Friday: Hmmmmm

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

Hmmmm….how was my week. Well, indifferent.

I did get to the gym two days this week to do spinning. And, if Andon cooperates, I might just go this morning too. I was going to start that Cardio Kick Boot Camp class but I ended up having other engagements the two days it was being held.

I might have also enjoyed a box of Snickers Ice Cream Bars (they are the devil with caramel and ice cream, I tell ya!!).

I gained two pounds this week. I am not surprised (hello Snickers Ice Cream Bars!!). But, seriously it was from the past few months of lack of exercise and bad eating. And, stress…there has been LOTS of stress in our lives over the summer. Stress doesn’t make me eat, but it’s not good on mah body whatsoever!

Part of me thinks I should really start back tracking my food with SparkPeople. I was at a point last year that it wasn’t necessary and I thought that my lifestyle would just allow me to just know what I should be eating. Well, that did work for a while. I’m thinking I need to start again until I have the habit. Or, possibly do Weight Watchers, or something!!

And, that’s it. It’s rather disappointing and all I can say is that I am going hard next week. I really need to focus more on the nutrition and having healthier snacks. I mean, one Snickers bar isn’t bad, but an entire box?? Yeah, someone get me an apple! The optimist in me thinks I can’t gain anymore weight, right?? I’m going to be optimistic and hope the scale moves down next week!!

How did you do? Any setbacks with exercise or eating? Or, better yet – share your success!!!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 20
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 20

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on October 16, 2009

• lisa f - October 16, 2009 @ 7:31 am

hey, girlie! sounds like u need a support group. i still go every tuesday 7-8pm to TOPS-taking pounds off sensibly. i can pick u up this tuesday. let me know.

• Marianne - October 16, 2009 @ 9:56 am

Hang in there, girl. Stress + summertime (when the kids are going bonkers all.day.long) will take a toll on your exercise plans.

I’ll see you Tuesday at the Y, k? And if you want to meet to run on the weekends, lemme know.

• mommysnacks - October 16, 2009 @ 10:54 am
      2.1

Mare and Lisa – thanks, girls!! Lisa, I think I will come to TOPS this Tuesday. Considering Jennifer lost a TON of weight, it might work. I’ll call you!

• Delores - October 16, 2009 @ 6:59 pm

I, too, have noticed that if I don’t track, I just overeat. I did really well, and lost 20 pounds, and then eased off on the tracking because I was just into it. And then just started eating whatever and the weight is slowly coming back on. So I am going to start tracking again… there is just something about forcing yourself to keep it all written down in front of you that makes it work.

• Marilyns Money - October 16, 2009 @ 8:31 pm
  • Angela - October 16, 2009 @ 10:15 pm

I find that with tracking on weight watchers, that I am being fairly successful. It helps me be more onscientious in the choices I make. Of course, I still give in to temptations and have my strugles.

• Monica - October 17, 2009 @ 12:12 pm

I have had great success so far by cutting all sugar, bread, and pasta. It is a big commitment to make, but it works! My carbs come in the form of fruit, yogurt and some milk. I even eat dark chocolate most days. BTW, those snicker ice creams would “call my name” in this house and so I try to keep those things out :) I have lost 26 pounds since the first week of June and feel soo much better. Hang in there!