Meijer Money-Maker | Kool-Aid Singles

Kool-Aid Singles Image

There is an unadvertised Catalina deal going on this week at Meijer! The Kool-Aid Singles boxes on sale for $1. When you purchase 3 boxes, you will receive a $2 Catalina. Here’s the match-up:

$1 Kool-Aid Singles
$1 via Meijer Mealbox
Net Price FREE

So, purchase 3 for FREE and make $2 with the Catalina! Wash, Rinse and Repeat!!! This one is awesome, especially for back to school!

Thanks to Angela and Lori for sharing this great deal in the comments!!

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on August 30, 2009

• Teresa - August 31, 2009 @ 9:54 am

Good to know that the stick packs are part of the deal! I was at Meijer a couple weeks ago and found some tearpads on a KoolAid display for $1/1 of those Packs. I had grabbed them at the time knowing that they didn’t expire till the end of the year. FREE KOOLAID!

• mommysnacks - August 31, 2009 @ 12:23 pm
      1.1

Teresa, that is a major Money-Maker for you!!! Awesome! I knew some tearpad coupons were out, but I never saw them!

• Becky - August 31, 2009 @ 11:58 am

It worked! I just came home from Meijer for a test run of this deal. I bought just 3 boxes of Kool Aid Singles, used 3 Mealbox coupons, paid nothing AND got a $2 OYNO Catalina!!!! I’m going to be spending a lot of time a Meijers this week!!

• Teresa - August 31, 2009 @ 2:01 pm

Just got back from my trip today and got 15 of the KoolAid for ZIPPO! And $10 back in catalinas! Which I then turned around and used to buy my other groceries. And I just now realized what you meant by a major money maker, darn, oh well it was lunch time for my son who was with me so I wasn’t thinking as clearly as I normally would. But I still got everything for free! My husband can no longer complain that we don’t have something to drink besides water! And I have to give props to the cashiers that were dealing with me. I had alot of transactions and they were all so polite and helpful!

• Dana - August 31, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

Ok, so you can use 3 of the same coupon? I thought I had the hang of this coupon thing, but that’s a new one for me.

• mommysnacks - August 31, 2009 @ 8:25 pm
      4.1

Dana, yeap! It’s a Meijer Coupon and you can use one Meijer coupon, and even one Manufacturer’s coupon, on the one item. So, if you have a manufacturer coupon by chance like Teresa, it’s a great money-maker!

• Kris - September 01, 2009 @ 10:22 am

Hey I am newer to the coupon deals too but I dont know what “Catalina” is. Can you explain that??

• mommysnacks - September 01, 2009 @ 10:25 am
      5.1

Kris, a Catalina is a coupon that prints with your receipt. You have to print certain products and certain quantities to get it to print. They aren’t always active, but when they are I include them in my weekly grocery deals. You typically find them at the grocery stores and not mass merchandisers (like Target and Walmart). HTH!

• Kris H - September 01, 2009 @ 3:01 pm

Thanks for the site and all of the info…I’m a regular user. The Meijer near me almost always limits the meijer mealbox to 2 however the clerks override them…the coupons take but the clerk has to modify them (watch the final total to make sure it goes down with each swipe) as the coupons take off of the product and not like man. coupons. Also in Sunday’s paper my daughter is in the Baby Idol (Cincinnati Area)…please vote (http://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/5953g3f8cf) for her #129 Isabella H. Thank you!

• Marcy - September 01, 2009 @ 10:33 pm

Meijers also has a few select styles of Chinet plates on sale, along with a mealbox $1 off coupon. I was able to get 4 sets of plates ($2.49 sale each) and use 4 $1 mealbox coupons and 2 $2 off and 2 $1 off manufacturer coupons (not sure of dates/ad sources) ~ but I got them all for free!

• Anonymous - September 02, 2009 @ 3:37 am

I went to meijer today. I was pretty unsuccessful. The workers there acted like I was stealing. Anyway, I tried to do the koolaid deal..and they wouldn’t let me. They said it was the wrong ones (it wasn’t). They said the coupons are for the POUCHES..like capri sun. I’ll try again tomorrow. THEN, the 3 lb. bags of purina one are on sale for 5.99. They have peelies for 1 off..and then the meijer mealbox coupon for 5 off.. I was gonna get 2 ( 2 transactions)..but after my first they said the register wouldn’t let me use any more coupons. I think they were mad because I did the velvetta cup deal..and I got mt. olive pickles for really cheap. HMMPH!

• mommysnacks - September 02, 2009 @ 8:40 am
      8.1

Anon – the Meijer coupon even says “Singles” on it. I hope it works out for you next time cause that’s a great deal!

• Jenn - September 02, 2009 @ 11:10 pm

Just to let you know, the Purina coupons cannot be combined with other coupons. It says not valid with other discounts or something along those lines. It technically isn’t a mealbox. It is from another part of the site.

• Sarah - September 04, 2009 @ 8:58 pm

Hey Andrea,
    I’m a big fan of your site–I check it every week, so I wanted to share with everyone that the Meijer on Harrison in Cinci has limited Kool Aid singles purchases to six. This happened WHILE I was checking out. I went in with my mealbox coupons, got a bunch of singles in my cart, and went to check out. I even went to a self check so I wouldn’t be a pain in the butt to any cashiers. Well of course the thing malfunctioned and a checker came over to help and told me I was not allowed to buy that many packages of Kool Aid. I said I am using separate transactions and there is no sign posting any kind of a limit, so I don’t see why I couldn’t. Well, he went and got a manager, who informed me that she has the right to limit purchases, and that I could only get six. She made it sound like I was doing something illicit the way she said that no one was paying for any of these and she couldn’t let me have that many. She said (and I quote) “you can only have six per day.” Per day! Can a store set that kind of a limit? Really! I maintained that there was no sign to that effect, and she stood over me until I had finished checking out 6 and took my cart with the remaining boxes away. I took my six boxes out to the car and went back in to do my other shopping, and sure enough, she had posted signs ALL OVER the Kool Aid section saying “limit 6.” So, don’t waste your time at that Meijer, my couponing sisters!

• mommysnacks - September 05, 2009 @ 8:22 am
      10.1

Sarah, that STINKS!!!! Stores can make their own rules, but at least if they have it advertised that helps prepare people ya know! Sorry for the tough experience – we just want some Kool-Aid!!!