Fat Burnin’ Friday: The Little Victories

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

I didn't gain any weight.

Well, that's not a huge victory to most, but it means a lot to me since I was feeling down last week. I had a mini piti party, and I really appreciate the encouragement! It's what made my Monday get off to a healthier start!

Actually, on Monday, I made wise choices with eating – grilled chicken, brown rice and green beans! Very plain and simple, but the right foods to fuel my body. Also, thanks to Carla (aka MizFit.com – go check her site out, she is awesome)'s advice, I made a conscious choice to eat every 3 hours. I did just start the day with coffee, but had my breakfast around 10a, and then lunch at 1p, snack, dinner – you get the idea. I had smoothies or cereal for snacks in the evening. Special K with Blueberries ba-bay!!!

The exercise, I didn't do too great. Monday, I did walk during T's football practice. I went around 3 miles. It felt weird not running, but I wanted to just do something simple – not jolt my body but just be simple. I got my arms and legs in too. I was proud of it and it felt great!

Wednesday started great, I did some intervals (run/walk) and it started to get really windy. It started sprinkling – I actually love to run in the rain, it clears my mind. That sounds weird, I'm sure, but it helps me focus on something else besides the pain I may be feeling from the workout. This night, I was talking to God a lot so I didn't want to turn back with just a few sprinkles. I've said before I have some of my best conversations and reflection when I run :)

In the last quarter mile, the rain comes down HARD!! I mean, It's hurting my arms! I can't turn around since I'm in the middle of a corn field, literally (it is the cross country course again, remember). So, guess who left their iphone on the chair? Yeap – ME!!! I go back to my poor iPhone sitting in a pool of water. I don't think there's hope for it, but I'm trying to dry it out. But, my run felt great :)

Anyhoo, I only got out two days to exercise this week. My eating was better. All I can hope for is better. I still need some motivation to get me wanting to do it. Like that want and drive like I had back in February…when all I could think about was the pavement and my conversations. I want that back!

How was your week. Any progress with your exercise, eating habits or even weight?

Fat Burnin' Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 23
Fat Burnin' Pounds to go: 17

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin' tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (please leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on August 21, 2009

• Elizabeth - August 21, 2009 @ 6:38 am

Little victories keep us going!

• Amanda @ High Impact Mom - August 21, 2009 @ 9:25 am

Oh I am SO there with you. All I can do each week is hope I don’t gain. I have gained 5 pounds since early July, so you see how that is going:) You, my friend, are doing great! You keep your head up and keep running that race. I am hoping maybe next week I will actually feel like working out…but I guess we’ll see. I want to lose 20 pounds, but can’t seem to find the motivation (read: energy) to do it. Thinking I might start the 30 EA challenge they are staring on the 31st, so I have some accountability.

I’m proud of you! You are my inspiration. Keep it up lady.

• Shannon - August 21, 2009 @ 9:25 am

Yeah! Little steps Andrea.

I too had a decent week. I have been getting my rear kicked by Jillian. Her DVDs are intense! I ate far too much trailmix, thanks to an incredible sale :)

Lost 3lbs. so its a step in the right direction.

• Kristie Vinson - August 21, 2009 @ 12:04 pm

Adding light weights a couple of times of week will make an amazing difference. On weight days I save them till night and turn on the TIVO and catch up and workout (upper, lower, and abs.) I enjoy the Shape Bootcamp Workout (checked it out from my library) and Jennifer Nicole Lee who does Fabulously Fit Moms (several videos). Always a way to break up the monotony.

• Connie R. - August 21, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

I have heard that if you take the battery out of the phone and bury the phone and battery in a bowl of rice for a day that could help wick the moisture out of the phone.

Keep pressing forward – your doing great. Ask God to give you a renewed desire.

• Suzy - August 21, 2009 @ 5:18 pm

I really think you would get a lot out of the book Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin, RD. I am sure you can find it in the library. It changed my life and how I think about food and eating.

• Jenn @ Beautiful Calling - August 23, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

I had never head of fat-burning friday before but am so here!! I look forward to following along and congrats on the little victories! Not gaining is great too!!