Fat Burnin’ Friday: New Year

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

Well, no, it’s not like 2010 or anything :) But, it’s a new school year and I feel like I can breathe again. Well, that will be after I put our Kindergartener on the bus this morning – I will weep, then breathe :)

I didn’t exercise this week, I didn’t even watched what I ate. Well, unless it was going in my mouth. I chose to take the week off from any form of being aware of my nutrition and fitness. And, guess what..I didn’t gain a pound.

{cue irritation now}

I’m irritated because not only did I do horrible with everything this week, but I didn’t gain from it? Now, tell me something body of mine, I can work my but off and gain 5 pounds, but when I act like a sloth, you let me stay the same?? That is not motivation, it’s just plain scary!!

Now, I know if I kept up with this bad behavior, I would gain – a LOT, I’m sure. But, I just feel like crap all around cause I enjoy working out, and I enjoy eating foods that fuel my body. Next week is the week – next week will be that new year, I guess.

But, for now…I’m gonna enjoy the weekend and revel in another little victory!

Hey…how YOU doin’?? (said in the most Travola-Grease-esque impression ever)

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 23
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 17

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on August 28, 2009

• Jenn @ Beautiful Calling - August 28, 2009 @ 7:52 am

Well, I’m the same this week too but I have to say I haven’t been trying that hard with all the busy-ness of geing the house together for September!

Talked about balance this week:

• Elizabeth - August 28, 2009 @ 8:39 am

Doesn’t it always work that way? Kinda puts a new spin on the saying, “no pain, no gain!”
    Good luck sending your little guy to kindergarten – that’s so exciting!

• Heather Campbell - August 28, 2009 @ 10:18 am

If it helps, I’ve found, and have found in others, that it usually takes about 2 weeks to see the results of the week. So, if you did great two weeks ago, but nothing this week, that could be why you didn’t gain this week. Either way, your posts are inspiring and remind me that I”m not alone in this craziness of trying to overcome weight. Good luck!

• avoid debt - August 28, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

everyone deserves to let loose once a week on there eating habbits

• Linda - August 28, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

I too am a little teary eyed as my baby boy, now 6 feet tall, enters his senior year of high school. It is where did the time go or the reality of college tuition!

In the weight department, let’s remember our victories and not dwell on failures. Even during a week off, I bet you ate better than you would have 2 years ago because you developed healthier habits.

I try not to rely just on the scale but take measurements and pay attention to how my clothes fit. If you’re losing fat but gaining muscle, the scale is misleading.

Good luck with kindergarten!! :-)

• Miz. - August 29, 2009 @ 6:43 am

I love your friday posts (insert yammer here that, in a way, our bodies can grow too too used to clean eating so lets pretend that your foray into junkfood was a gift to yer bod :) that you were working HARD to keep it guessing and confused.)

and Im looking forward to the new year on monday :)

does that mean we can go out tomorrow night and raise some hell and stay out too late??