Fat Burnin’ Friday: Bo-RING!!!

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

I got nothing exciting for you this week! Other than sharing the pictures of an impromptu 5k I ran with a friend last week (you know, after not exercising at all during the week and still losing 2 pounds :-).

This is a pic before the race with me and my boys (Caleb’s head is kind of chopped out). The picture on the right is of my friend, Lisa, who ran her first 5k {insert roaring applause}. She did AWESOME! I’m so proud of her! Oh, and that is the skort I love (which I purchased at Target, by the way) :-)

I felt it after the race, that’s for sure. I was sore. I’m guessing it’s from not running at all. I managed to finish in 28:46 (7th in my age division). I was looking at the overall results and there were several folks in the 50′s who beat me! I wanna say *GO YOU* to them! I hope that’s me at that age!

I didn’t exercise at all this week – nothing! No excuses, just didn’t do it. That didn’t affect my weight though. Well, I’m sure there would have been more of a potential to lose had I exercised. Next week I am back full force, for sure!

I have shared about diet/fitness being a a lifestyle change. Exercise isn’t just something I picked up on a whim and then give up. Obviously, I would have achieved the success I have had that been the case. Exercise is a priority for me. These past two weeks, I didn’t ensure it made my schedule. I’m looking forward to going out for my early morning runs again!

So, how did you do? Did you make it through the holidays without nutritional sabotage? What is what thing you will commit to this upcoming week to ensure you stay on track? If we have to answer to one another, we will more likely stay committed to it! Good luck this week :)

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 32
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 12

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on July 10, 2009

• Sig - July 10, 2009 @ 6:20 am

congrast on finishing a 5k. That is my goal to do so before the end of the year.

Sig T.

• mommysnacks - July 10, 2009 @ 12:37 pm
      1.1

Sig, good luck! It’s such a great feeling of strength!

• Lynn@ Maven of Savin - July 10, 2009 @ 9:26 am

Thank you so much for these posts. I am having such a hard time getting started – post baby procrastination!! But seeing these every friday at least reminds (guilts – LOL) me to get my butt into gear!! Keep up the good work!! I am trying to eat better and exercise and will be keeping track starting next week!!!

• mommysnacks - July 10, 2009 @ 12:37 pm
      2.1

Lynn, thanks! I’m planning out my week next week to ensure I don’t mess up. I really feel like planning and scheduling things has been a huge part of what I have achieved. And, my sweat…yeah, that is another HUGE part too!

• Cassie - July 10, 2009 @ 9:27 am

You are an inspiration. I hope to get there one day!

• jackie - July 10, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Hi Andrea, I’ve been reading your blog for about 8 months now and I love it. I was looking this morning and can’t believe we were in the same 5k last weekend. I walked it- I can’t run due to tendonitis in one of my knees. When I saw the pictures on your website I knew they were taken in front of the swim building at the YMCA. I did the race with my 74 y/o dad and my 6 y/o son. We live in Lebanon and spend a lot of time at that YMCA. We’re planning on doing the Applefest 5k in September. Maybe I’ll see you there. Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do with your blog. You have inspired us. Now we are able to save more and give to others who aren’t as fortunate as we are. Jackie

• Amy in OHio - July 10, 2009 @ 9:51 am

Mamma of three? NO WAY!

• Monica - July 10, 2009 @ 10:06 am

Following your journey is never boring for me. I just love your positive attitude and encouragement no matter what your results are for the week!
    I relaxed a little too much for the holiday. You know like one step forward and then 3 back! I have got right back on program this week though.
    Here is a link to a recent post about my efforts.

• Kathy @ $30 Weekly Grocery Challenge - July 10, 2009 @ 11:13 am

I’m so proud of you for running the 5K last week! I have never done anything like that before!

I’m making progress……….1.5lbs down

Details on blog!

• Barb - July 10, 2009 @ 12:13 pm

Sent you a twitter message but will tell you here too how much you rock it!

• Marianne @TheNewFrugalMom - July 10, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

Go girl! We are gonna tear up the BlogHer 5K!!

If only it wasn’t at o’dark-thirty in the morning….

;-)

• mommysnacks - July 10, 2009 @ 10:51 pm
      9.1

Mare, I KNOW!!! We will have to get an early bedtime the night before…which is going to be SO HARD!

• Shirley - July 10, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

I just wanted to thank for all of the ways that you inspire us- saving money, exercising and loving the Lord! You are an answered prayer for many. Also I have a deal idea for Meijers-Special K and Mini Wheats are 2 for $5- use 10 Kelloggs $1 off coupons and for Special K -combine that with meijer mealbox coupon for $1 off 2. Then submit your 10 item purchase for the Kelloggs rebate and you have free or very cheap cereal! One day left on the Meijer sale though.

• mommysnacks - July 10, 2009 @ 10:44 pm
      10.1

Shirley – thanks for the comment and for sharing that scenario! We are gonna have Kellogg’s coming out our ears! But, the Special K cereal and bars are some of my fave for weight maintenance.

• Heather - July 11, 2009 @ 5:35 am

You are so close to your goal. Congrats on your 5k!

• Gin - July 13, 2009 @ 11:42 pm

Great pic…..you look really good!!!! I cant believe how much Andon has grown. Have a great week! Love ya Gin