Fat Burnin’ Friday: The Long and *Skort* of It!

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

Not too long ago on twitter and facebook, I shared my need for a pair of shorts that would NOT ride up my inner thigh area! I wanted to share with you that I found something…just not shorts!

I bought a cute skort :)

I needed a new pair of shorts/short pants to run in this heat and thought I would give it a try. I never thought I would be a skort kinda gal. I don’t know why, just thought it was for the girly girls. Guess I’m one of those girly girls now :) I do love this thing since it helps with my problem!

The skort has a pair of boy shorts as the *ort* part of the skort. So, those ride pretty high on the thigh anyway. The *sk* part of the skort covered it to exposed leggage. So, I felt comfortable working out and NOT showing my chub rub to the world. My skort covered it all!

I plan on buying a few more of these babies. Honestly, if you were in a bind and going somewhere nice, you could really wear this out in since it is a skirt. Not that I’ll ever be going somewhere all hot and sweaty in my skort or anything :) No one wants to see that…or smell it for that matter!

This week was a great week for my exercise, and not so bad with eating. I did NOT lose any weight. At one point, I thought I lost a pound. But, on my *official* weigh in day (which is now Thursday), it wasn’t gone anymore :( Oh well, I feel better, and know the interval training is working the way it should. It will just take time to see results. I’m essentially starting back at square one with what worked in the beginning.

I’ve stepped up my weight training too. I’m essentially doing much of what Jillian shares in The Shred. I’m just not doing the DVD (I won’t start that back up until my weight is gone). I feel kinda sore..but that’s the good sore!!

So, how was your week. Any exercise fashion finds you want to share? I tell ya, a small addition to my workout wardrobe really motivated me! I’m looking forward to next week!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 26
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 14

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 26, 2009

• Elizabeth - June 26, 2009 @ 6:59 am

Where did you get your skort?

• Yolanda - June 26, 2009 @ 8:05 am

I love skorts… so comfy! Some of them are so pretty hat you are right, you can go out wearing them.

Talking about workout DVDs my favorite is Chalean Extreme (it’s on the pricey side) but it’s a 3 months system and I lost so many inches and pounds using it. It works like a charm if you are a pear.

Have a great weekend!

• mandy - June 26, 2009 @ 9:52 am

Just got one of these yesterday at Target. Aren’t they fabulous??? And quite cute for exercise gear!

• Sarah - June 26, 2009 @ 10:01 am

Which skort did you buy? I’m looking for shorts and can’t find anything. I would love to look at the skort you bought!

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Sarah

• Kathy @ $30 Grocery Challenge - June 26, 2009 @ 11:53 am

Completion of Week 2. Details on my blog. Slow progress for sure…….

I have the same problem Andrea! But w/ this hot weather shorts would be much cooler. I will give the skort idea a try. Thanks! Where did you get them from?

• Kristen - June 26, 2009 @ 1:44 pm

Too funny!! I have the same problem and have resorted to wearing capris in the summer. I’ve officially become a frumpy mommy … oh no!! We’re going to Hilton Head next month and I would like to give the skort a try!! Please do tell where you got yours!!

• mommysnacks - June 26, 2009 @ 1:55 pm
      6.1

Hey everyone! I got the skort at Target. It’s the dri-fit technology. It’s about the only kind of workout clothing I’ll buy since I’m a sweater…not a long-sleeved one either ;) I think Nike sells some…of course I’ll look at the outlet cause there’s no way I’m paying full price for it! Or, TJ Maxx… Anyway, I hope you like it! And, for what it’s worth…my husband did say I looked hot in it :) That is more incentive, right!!!

• Pebble Joose - June 26, 2009 @ 1:51 pm

Hi … I’m Kristen from the above comment … new to blogging … I’m just posting this comment to see if I can link my blog to my comment. I’m so glad I found your blog and I look forward to checking in with you in the future.

• Pebble Joose - June 26, 2009 @ 1:53 pm

Too funny!! I have the same problem and have resorted to wearing capris in the summer. I’ve officially become a “frumpy mommy”! We’re going to Hilton Head next month and I’d love to give the skort a try … please do tell where you got yours!!

Sorry if this double posts … I’m new to blogging and still trying to figure things out!

• Rosie - June 26, 2009 @ 3:43 pm

I posted a Fat Burnin’ Friday post! Trying to lose my last 10 baby pounds… I miss my cute shorts from last summer! FINALLY was able to go running again after a 3 week heal time for a strained hip… lost one pound this week. =)

• Mindy - June 26, 2009 @ 9:09 pm

I have been recently working on losing my baby weight (which I have succeeded so far), BUT I was 10 lbs. heavier than I should ever be before I ever got pregnant with my first child, so I have finally put it out for the world to see. I love reading your encouraging thoughts, so I created a “Weigh Me Wednesday” since I weigh myself every Wednesday. Check it out if you get a chance. I will have to link to your posts now that I made my first one and put it all out for the world to see! 15 lbs. down so far!

• Amanda - June 28, 2009 @ 9:29 am

I just bought a the cutest skort at Kohls this week to run in. I loved it!! I wore it to a 5k I ran with my hubby. It was only $12…Tek Gear is the brand. I made me feel cute and excited to run, so I know what you mean :)

• mommysnacks - June 28, 2009 @ 5:36 pm
      12.1

Amanda, I haven’t even looked at Kohl’s yet! Good idea, especially with the Buy $50 get a $10 gift card deal going on now. And, it really does make you feel motivated when you have something new…whatever the psychology is behind that, I’ll take it :)