Fat Burnin’ Friday: It is what it is

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

Nothing AT ALL exciting to report to you this week. So, I’ll just come out with it.

I gained 4 pounds!

WHAT! I KNOW! I am irritated, frustrated, ticked, annoyed, disqusted, discouraged, sad, etc, etc, etc. YES. I haven’t been eating the best, but I haven’t been a sloth either. I haven’t been drinking the water like I should so I know that’s part of it. I have been sticking to my workouts – actually logged around 12 miles this week and did all my weight/resistance training too. I was very tired throughout one run. Not sure what the deal was, but it was short that night (just a mile).

I’ll tell you something kinda funny despite this stupid gain I had this week.

I was running Wednesday night CONVINCED there was something wrong with me. You know, I do my best thinking and conjuring up make-believe stuff while I run (I call it creativity :). I was having PMS-like symptoms (sorry, TMI maybe) but I wasn’t PMS’ing. So, I got home and I looked my husband dead in the eye and said, “I think I’m pregnant.” He just looked at me and said, “I’m 99.9% sure that isn’t your issue.” Well, he had a point. I did see what the doctor did to ensure those swimmers of his didn’t go swimming alive again KWIM. BUT, what else could be the problem ya know.

So, I took his response and them immediately sent him to….YEAP, the store to get a pregnancy test. He got home, I took the test. Before I took it, I was wondering if a negative result would make my stomach go flat. What’s the logic behind that you ask? When I was pregnant each time before, right after taking the test, my stomach would instantly balloon up to 3 months gestation (when really I was only 6 weeks!). I figured if I wasn’t pregnant, my body would have the opposite response to me being NOT pregnant and say, “Oh yeah, we’re not supposed to look 3 months pregnant right now.” And, said stomach would instantly shrink down to semi-normal flat. Makes complete sense, right? :)

Well, my stomach didn’t budge.

And, I’m NOT pregnant. Whew! I am, however, sending my husband in to have his business tested again to make super double positive that those little swimmers are dead! :)

Now that I’ve shared all of my craziness with you. I AM switching up my exercise routine again. I am going to be focusing on interval training as I did last year, instead of endurance. I do want to do several races this summer, but I’m not doing anything over a 10k until I can lose these last 10. Sweet – my motto now will be “Lose the 10 and go BEYOND 10k” or something cheesey like that. I like cheesey :)

How did you do this week. Get your exercise in? Eat some healthy stuff? Got anything funny to tell me so I don’t dwell on the fact that I gained this week? Make me smile :)

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 26
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 14

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 12, 2009

• Delores - June 12, 2009 @ 6:27 am

Hi Andrea,

you know I’ve been following you a while on this and first I just want to say that you can do it — keep it up! I would have just about cried if I stepped on the scale and saw it go up 4 pounds. But I am sure you will stay positive — your energy and enthusiasm just exudes from your blog. :) I mentioned this before, but wanted to ask you again: have you done any sort of body fat tests? Because your weight may have gone up, but your body fat may have decreased which would help explain the weight gain. Also, I know you use SP, and I have as well. But, I was just not losing and it was very discouraging. So, I did the FREE 1 week trial to WW online to see if I was eating enough. Super easy to sign up, super easy to cancel. And I had not been eating enough overall. I might have lost some weight here and there but overall it was not good. But with WW, I have been much more successful. Anyway, it’s just a thought — might help you reevaluate what you need for intake. Keep up the great work!

• mommysnacks - June 12, 2009 @ 6:53 am

Well you cannot tell that you gained any weight baby! You are still the most beautiful-sexiest woman in the world.
    Paul (aka-daddysnacks)

• Callie - June 12, 2009 @ 7:55 am

Your Fat Burnin’ Fridays have really inspired me to get my butt off the couch and get moving! I just bought 30 day Shred and I’m SO ready to get going to lose some weight!! I know that you’ve done 30-day Shred- any tips or tricks to help me get jump-started? :) Thanks for always sharing and being so honest- it’s super-encouraging!!!! Girl, you rock!

• Rachael - June 12, 2009 @ 8:42 am

You are hilarious!!! I totally have the same “find out your pregnant suddenly look 3 months!” That made my morning…I needed a good story :) p.s. maybe you gained 4 lbs in muscle…If you ran 12 miles this week it could have happened :)

• Connie R. - June 12, 2009 @ 9:07 am

Your honesty is delightful…………….you make me smile. Now how do I make you smile???
    Well, I all can think of are goofy sayings my mother used to say to me…..You know the ones………..It’s always darkest before the dawn……….This too shall pass…………….you get the idea. Don’t give up hope, your hard work WILL pay off. Those pounds will go!
    Thank you for sharing. You have a supportive husband who loves you. You are blessed.

• Tanya - June 12, 2009 @ 9:55 am

LOL!!!! Sounds like my thought process!! Thanks, I needed the laugh! :)

• Catrina - June 12, 2009 @ 9:59 am

I have been on the weight loss journey for awhile, but I am getting serious about it! Thanks for sticking with it despite the fallbacks the scale says sometimes! You really are doing great!

• Amy in OHio - June 12, 2009 @ 10:42 am

I can only imagine what hubs was thinking. Probably something like “if she thinks I’m gettin’ snipped again, she can forget it”

• Kathy - June 12, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

I decided to get on board! Here starts my journey……….Wish me luck!

• Elizabeth - June 12, 2009 @ 1:02 pm

Your story is hilarious! I’ve been following Fat Burnin’ Friday for a while now, and have been eager to jump in the game. I finally had my baby and am ready to get moving again! Thanks for sharing your stories!

• Angela - June 12, 2009 @ 11:04 pm

It’s been weeks. Too many weeks. I couldn’t even admit to my weight gain. Hoping to turn it around soon and start working towards my goal again…instead of where I last left off.

• Gina - June 12, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

I love your blog! And a similar thing happened to me Andrea. I started training for a half marathon, getting my big butt back in shape. I started feeling so sluggish and suspected I was pregnant. We have been preventing so I thought “nah, there’s no way.” Except for me, it was a positive. So my getting buff is on hold but I’ll still root you on to lose your last ten!!