Fat Burnin’ Friday: I’m NOT a Morning Person

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

This week was the first full week of the boys being home for summer break. They technically got out of school two weeks ago, but Granny kept them for a week and we weren’t in a routine yet. The one thing I found is that by the time evening comes for me to go exercise, I was drained – physically and mentally! I tell ya, three kiddos all day everyday can wear a person out (can I get an Amen!!!).

Given these all-day everyday people with me, I needed to do something different so I could have more ME time and combine that with my exercise time. I thought morning may work out better. But, I’m NOT a morning person AT ALL! Who says I can’t turn myself into one though, right? That thing about taking 21 days to build a habit, I can do it that long to see if it sticks at least. So I am.

This week, I got up at 6a to work out. YES. On Monday, I did drag myself up, but throughout the day I felt AMAZING! Seriously, I was really surprised at how much energy I had. I was able to exercise for around an hour, check a few email, and shower before the boys started their day. Well, mostly, T was up at 7:30 each day…what’s up with that kid!!

Anyhoo, I’m going to keep at this because I have had greater amounts of energy each day, which is something I have been seriously lacking. I also figure since I’m home with the kids and Andon naps in the afternoon, I can nap too ;) Of course, that would mean me giving up some social media time (twitter, skype, etc) but something has to give! My weight-loss goal is still here and since my progress hasn’t changed much, something needs to sacrifice. It’s all about sacrifice with this stuff.

Oh yeah…the progress…

None really this week. I didn’t lose or gain. Of course, that’s NOT what I want but I’m just happy I didn’t gain anymore! I also switched up my routine as mentioned last week. I started doing intervals instead of what I had been doing (long-distance/endurance running). I actually felt a tingle in my legs from the speedwork with the intervals! You know the tingle when you are working a muscle group and it’s itchy…maybe it’s me, but that’s a sign that my body is getting shocked and hopefully will change on the scales too! We’ll see – hopefully next week is better!

How was your week? Did ya get all tingly? Eat better yourself? That’s something I am going to focus on throughout this weekend and next week.

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 26
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 14

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 19, 2009

• Elizabeth - June 19, 2009 @ 6:24 am

I have to get up early or it doesn’t get done! Plus, the Georgia heat and humidity will nearly kill ya if you don’t get going before the sun does. I’ve been walking around 6:30am – in fact, I’m headed out the door now! Thanks for helping to keep me motivated – I lost another pound!

• Marianne - June 19, 2009 @ 7:43 am

Oh, you can get an AMEN from me, girl. My two oldest have been out of school since June 4. Oy!

Yeah, I’ve become a morning person by necessity, too. I usually try to hit the ellipitical at o’dark-thirty in the morning.

And my oldest son is up every ding-dang day by 6:30 am.
    I gotta buy a farm for that kid already!!

• Kathy @ $30 Grocery Challenge - June 19, 2009 @ 8:17 am

Completion of week one. Progress made! Posted on my blog the details! Hope everyone else had a good week!

• Sonia - June 19, 2009 @ 6:41 pm

You can do it!
    I went back to work full time two months ago. I used to ‘try’ to work out between 3-5 pm but that doesn’t work with my new schedule. My employer gives us a monthly stipend for a health club membership so I joined the YCMA last week and I got up at 5am to work out three times this week!!! It is hard but I know it is so worth it, I’ve lost 8 lbs since Feb. and in the last 2 months not working out hasn’t budged the scale. I have another 20 (ugh!) to go and this is the only way that will happen.
    Good luck!

• mommysnacks - June 20, 2009 @ 12:09 pm

Elizabeth – go YOU!!! I have heard the southern heat is nearly impossible to get exercise outside.

Mare – you just motivate me period! You’re always up and at ‘em!!!

Kathy – coming over now to read your progress!

Sonia – I’m hoping the scale will budge. I’ve heard that getting exercise in the morning boosts your metabolism too. I’m all for any boost!!!

• jessie - June 22, 2009 @ 12:23 am

I always love checking in on your progress each Friday! My mom recently gave us a treadmill and one of my first thoughts was “maybe I’ll be a runner like Andrea from MommySnacks”, haha! I’ve run on it, um, twice? in a month or two? Terrible I know. But this post has inspired me. I’ve been trying to lose my last 10-15 pounds from my pregnancy back in 2007 =) I also have issues with energy during the day and have been trying to convince myself to get up early and work out before my DD gets up (lucky for me she’s a late riser, 8:30). It doesn’t help that I play online till 1 or 2 am then read before going to bed! But I’m convinced that I can do it. I have 12 pounds to go by Sept 19th (My daughter’s 2nd bday) – 1 lb a week! I’m going to get up early tomorrow and walk/jog (I’m not a runner yet!).

Thank you for the inspiration!

• mommysnacks - June 22, 2009 @ 8:46 am
      6.1

Jessie – haha…you’ll be aiming awfully low if you try to be a runner like me!!! :) I had serious lack of energy during the day but was pleasantly surprised how getting up early has helped that! It’s so counter-intuitive, but it works and I’m going with it! I have had to stop all work after 10 or definitely by 11p to ensure I get to bed on time and get the amount of rest I need to be ready to go. I know you can do it, 1 pound a week is the recommended goal…it just seems my body has forgotten that recommendation as of late! Good luck :)

• Business Mommy - June 22, 2009 @ 3:50 am

I am so not a morning person either. I finally decided that I need to go with it instead of forcing myself into everyone else’s routine. Unfortunately my schedule would be more conducive to working in Las Vegas or New York City. Everything is closed by the time I hit my peak. But today I got up at noon, kind of hung out for two hours, fixed breakfast (yes at 2pm), visited with parents, then came home, played with baby, then got to work. I hate not going to bed at the same time as my hubby. But it should work out much better for me to work through the night rather than try to squeeze it all in while keeping an eye on baby at the same time.

• mommysnacks - June 22, 2009 @ 8:48 am
      7.1

Business Mommy – that would be a challenge with that kind of schedule! My friend has a similar schedule and I could never do it! So, props to you for managing through that and staying committed!

• Amy - June 22, 2009 @ 7:57 am

Wow! I am so impressed and I need to make working out a priority again. You are giving me the encouragement I need this morning to start shredding :) I am so proud of you, Andrea!

• mommysnacks - June 22, 2009 @ 8:49 am
      8.1

Amy, go get your shred on girl! I had to stop that for a while but plan on starting back up once I lose this weight. You are such an encouragement to me :)

• Lisa - June 23, 2009 @ 12:16 pm

I live in Texas and if I want to run outside I have to do it before the sun rises. Since I’ve started getting up at 5 am to do my training runs, ( I’m training for a half marathon) I’ve noticed not only do I have more energy throughout the day, but I have more positive energy. I’m just in a better mood, plus I feel like I’ve already accomplished quite a bit while everyone else is still sleeping. Thanks for helping us all stay motivated.