Fat Burnin’ Friday: 5k #3

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

I thought and thought what I was going to share with you today. This week, running hasn’t been a priority, my eating hasn’t been great and my jeans felt tighter. I didn’t gain any weight and I didn’t….lose any weight. So, as I thought about what kind of message I could share it HIT me! You DID run a 5K last week, Andrea!!!

Yes, my 5K was last week. It was for a great organization called A Kid Again. The proceeds went to supporting children who are battling life threatening illnesses. It seems like when there is a good cause to run for, it’s inspiring!

I went to this race ALONE! Caleb had his last soccer game and we weren’t sure he would make it back in time. So, I was by myself without any applause from my normal fans (which is hubs, boys and maybe BFF). I did get a picture with a local celebrity:

Andrea Runs with Scooby

If you saw my tweets, you saw the up-close post-race sweaty face picture. So attractive, I know!

I finished 6th (out of 17) in my age category. I was 110 out of 202 overall. Top 50% is fine by me :) My time was 29:31, which is one minute slower than my first 5k. I reflected a little: this route was more hilly, I wasn’t pushing myself as hard as I could, and my training lately is more about endurance and not speed. With these training plans, they suggest you include races through the weeks as your big race is near. I think it’s to help you with speed work so I can tell why that makes sense now! Heak, my goal is always to run the entire time and finish, so it’s not so bad :)

That’s all the Fat Burnin’ excitement I got for ya! How was your week this week? Hopefully better than mine! Tomorrow IS a new day! I really do remind myself that everyday!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 30
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 10

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. If you have written a post related to your weight-loss journey, feel free to drop the it in the comments (pPlease leave a link that goes directly to your post). Please leave a comment either way – I lurve comments :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 05, 2009

• Candi - June 05, 2009 @ 10:58 am

Way to go girl!!! Keep up the great work! I know you feel better so don’t let the “weight-not-budging” get to you!

• Kelly - June 05, 2009 @ 11:26 am

Keep it up. I know that it can be hard. I am going through a difficult time right now myself. I lost 53lbs since Sept 29th and just ran my first 1/2 marathon Memorial Day weekend. I don’t start my training for my full marathon unitl June 15th and have let me eating go. I have gained a little of the lose back and feel terrible about myself. I know once my training starts back up I will be back in my groove, but until then I am stuggling. This post just made me open my eyes and think positive about the in the middle time. Thank you for these posts, it will help me get back on track and look to the future race!

• Karen R - June 05, 2009 @ 12:10 pm

Great run! You look good.

• Rosie - June 05, 2009 @ 9:40 pm

great job… I think I’ll start posting Fat Burning Friday next week. I’ve got about 10 pounds of baby weight to lose to get back to where I want to be… anything above that is gravy! =) I started running a few weeks ago… unfortunately after a couple of crazy weeks where I didn’t get out to go running at all, I’ve now strained a muscle in my hip and it just aches to walk. *Sigh*. I went off ot visit my chiropractor for it, so hopefully it will heal fast and I can get back to it. I was actually starting to maybe enjoy running, rather than hating it less than I hate how my clothes fit. =) Great job… I aspire to a 5k at some point.

• Darlene - June 06, 2009 @ 9:44 pm

Thanks for running for A Kid Again. What they do for kids is great. I know, because my son has participated in some outings with A Kid Again in the past year. Again, thanks!

• Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting - June 06, 2009 @ 10:36 pm