Fat Burnin’ Friday: The Last Few Pounds

mommysnacks_fatburninfriday

Here I am sitting 8 months after losing those 32 pounds you see written below (well, it was more but I gained 3 back a while ago) and realize it is HARDER to lose these last few pounds than to lose that first pound!

As I’m analyzing WHY this hasn’t come off yet, I’ve figured it out. I’m comfortable with where I am right now. It’s really the first time in my life I can honestly say I’m comfortable with my body. Well, there’s that whole issue with the muffin top, but that will NEVER go away (sorry, evenJilliancannot help with that)so I’m accepting where I’ve arrived.

I STILL want to lose these last 8 pounds. It’s a goal I’ve made myself that I won’t give up on! But, when you get to the final 10, I think you either get really focused or get really comfortable. As you can see above, I’m the latter. I feel like for this goal of mine to become reality, I need to get focused once again.

So, next week (starting Monday) I am going to be tracking all of my foods again using the Sparkpeoplenutrition tracker. Of course, I’ll get exercise in – that’s never been my problem (I’m one of those sick people that enjoys exercise). So, next Friday, I’ll report back my food results for each day. Since it will be written down it will be easier. And, since I’m telling you I’m doing this, I should hold myself more accountable (or that’s my logic anyway :).

How did you do this week? Do you feel like you are focused enough to get those pounds off? With summer just around the corner, you could make a change today that will leave you feeling so much better about yourself come shorts and tank top season! If I can do it, anyone can!!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 32
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 8

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. Please leave a comment with a link that goes directly to your post. Links that go to your homepage may be deleted. Please leave a comment either way! Mr. Linky kind of gets on my nerves so he’ll be out the door for now. But, I STILL want you to participate :)

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on May 08, 2009

• Katie - May 08, 2009 @ 11:34 am

I’m just like you! I LOVE getting my sweat on but am not the best at watching what I eat. This week was espeically bad as I enjoyed ice cream twice and ate a bag of peanut clusters :( Hormones + mega work stress = emotional eating at its worst!!!

• sheila - May 08, 2009 @ 2:54 pm

from your pics you look great! also, don’t go by weight, as muscle weighs more than fat!! go by size & how you feel:)

• Emily from Mommin It Up - May 08, 2009 @ 3:33 pm

I need to get back on track. For realz. The crazy thing is that I do enjoy exercise – a lot – but I just don’t make it a priority. I’ve decided, though, that if Maria has time to work out, SURELY I do!

So help me, ok? :)

• Delores - May 08, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

Did just okay this week. I mean, I ate more than normal — I hate those hormones as well. But I was also a bit more active — strawberry picking twice. Plus, I just got a Gazelle Edge for Mother’s Day. Hey, I picked it out — he isn’t going to the doghouse for it! :) I just can’t do the walking or running and exercise bikes are too much $. So…. I have heard great things about this and I am planning on using it a lot! My other plan of attack: feed the junk to the kids ASAP to get it out of the house. Then just stop buying it.

• mommysnacks - May 09, 2009 @ 8:40 am
      4.1

Delores, YEAH!!! I think strawberry picking would be a very good workout – very tiresome too!! I think the Gazelle is low impact, kind of like an elliptical machine so that would be a good workout for you too!! Good plan on the other stuff – I’m going grocery shopping on Sunday to make sure I have all the healthy options for me starting Monday! Good luck this week :)

• Becky Dell - May 08, 2009 @ 10:10 pm

First of all, it was really fun meeting you last night! I had no idea that you were trying to lose weight. You look beautiful and healthy. I started my journey to a healthier lifestyle on Nov 26, 2006. I have lost 61lbs and gained some of them back. You can ask Erin ($5dinners) about 2008 for me. Let me just say, they found a birth defect in my right urerter that was hindering my kidney and I had an emergency surgery followed by another surgery last fall and I almost died. I am still recovering and I won’t be back to “normal” for up to a year. I am terrified of regaining my weight, so I think I will keep reading your story and journey. Best wishes for continues success.

• mommysnacks - May 09, 2009 @ 8:37 am
      5.1

Becky, thank you!!! You look awesome too!! But, we (as women) always see ourselves differently, don’t we. That’s just plain dumb wiring I think I need to fix with myself! I’m so glad you got the kidney issue found/fixed! Our son had a blockage in his ureter and had surgery at 5 months. So, I know the seriousness in kidney issues. So great meeting you :)

• Delores - May 09, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

Hi Andrea,

I, too, am a member of sparkpeople. I do think that their food tracker is the easiest out there on the ‘net to use. Anyway, I had a thought… and before I go further I just have to tell you that I won’t be hurt or go into therapy or ball for hours if you say no. :) I was browsing around and thought that maybe you (love how I pass that on to you? ) could start a spark team (oh, I would help if you wanted it). Or, I thought maybe we could do the friend feed thing. Though I have no idea how that works — their description of it is lacking in details, but I am imagining something like twitter. Seriously, I know I do better with accountability, and I don’t think it would be that hard. But, if you think you already have enough going on — and I can certainly see that — then we don’t have to, or you don’t have to even if you just don’t want to. We women tend to just feel obligated to explain ourselves when really it is okay to just say no.

• mandi @ its come to this - May 09, 2009 @ 10:33 pm

Oh, I so agree that the last 10 is harder to lose than the first!!! I think (for me anyways), you’re right – I’ve gotten comfortable as well. I’ve recently lost 25lbs – I’m not 100% happy, but alot happier than where I’ve been & it’s easier to get a little more slack when you’re comfortable! But I’m determined, b/c I know that eventually at least 5lbs will creep back up so I need to loose 10 so I’ll still be ahead – ha!!

• mommysnacks - May 10, 2009 @ 2:41 pm
      7.1

Mandi, that’s exactly my thinking! I’ve got to lose these last 8 and if I fluctuate up/down by 5, I’ll be OK with that. But, I just have to get down there to do it!!!

• Suzanne - May 30, 2009 @ 3:12 pm

Another book I recommend (besides the Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin) is The Four Day Win by Martha Beck (she’s on Oprah a lot). It’s kind of new agey but it makes a lot of sense. Look it up on Amazon. I am reading it now and it really changes your thinking about weight loss and the psychology behind it.