M-I-C…K-E-Y…M-O-U-S-E!!!!

DSCN0643

The cat, or mouse, is out of the bag :)

I will be heading to Walt Disney World on Friday for a nice, long weekend without my kids. I know, that may seem odd, going to Disney without the kiddos, huh?? I was invited by Walt Disney World for a moms weekend. I’ll be honest, working on the arrangements, they had me at no kids (sorry, but moms need time away too). But, when I heard the Magical Express would pick up my bags from the terminal and take them directly to my room. I was like, DUDE this IS gonna be a magical weekend!

I have been to Disney several times.

The very first time I got to go,I was in 6th grade (I think), and I went with just my dad. The last night we were there, I really wanted a ginormous stuffed Mickey. The regular size Mickey’s just wouldn’t be as cool. Well, I got it and got to walk with it in the pouring rain! Ugghhh!!! They did give me a bag to put around Mickey so he didn’t get wet. I had my poncho which wasn’t working quite as well, that I do remember. I don’t have that poncho, but I do have Mickey (yes, I know he’s undressed, I’m not sure what my boys did to him!!). I’ll never forget that first trip!

Our second visit to Disney, we went with our oldest son when he was 2. He and his BFF, Schyler (who is also my BFF’s son) had a blast seeing all the characters. We went to Chef Mickey and had lunch (a huge buffet – AWESOME) and got individual time with each character. It was so nice for the kids. They did great with the characters too.

t-schyler

The most recent Disney adventure was 3 years ago. We did the Disney Land/Sea combination. Our sons, T and Caleb were 6 and 2 respectively. So, a perfect age! This time we went with my two BFF’s and their families. So, 6 adults and 5 kids – what an adventure!

Our Land part was 3 days at the parks. It was so much fun as we tried to stuff everything into those 3 days (which is nearly impossible). But, the Sea – HELLO! Four days at sea, on a ship eating the BEST food (seriously, the best), drinking all the FREE soda possible (it is FREE on Disney, most cruise lines charge for it), and seeing the most phenomenal shows. I love Broadway shows and I was thoroughly impressed that Disney could pull off this class of show on a cruise ship.

Oh, and I must tell you – our waiter saw my friend holding her daughter while we were starting dinner. He CUT UP her steak. Did you hear that? He saw that she had her hands full and he cut up the meal for her. Oh my, that was magical (I think we even said that word at the time)! That is the one thing we still talk about. Sorry, but cruising any other way is not in our future. We are doing another Disney Cruise in a few years (2011 to be exact).

06020009

I hope to get some great information to share with you on how you can try to do Disney on the cheap. I have personal ways we have done it. And, there are some amazing promotions going on now that are hard to pass up! But, since I’ll be with the cast members (Disney employees) themselves, I’ll be sourcing first-hand information from the experts :)

Do you have any questions you’d like to me to get answered while I’m away? After this weekend, Mickey will surely be like…’Minnie…Minnie Who? Minnie doesn’t do frugal like Mommy Snacks.” No, Mickey, maybe not. But, I’m happy to teach a hawt mouse some new tricks ;)

I will be hanging with some pretty cool ladies too! I know a few of them in real life and others will be new friends! They are:

Lisa @ CrazyAdventures in Parenting
Christine @ From Dates toDiapers
Megan @ Velveteen Mind
Emily @ Mommin’ it Up
Amanda @ Oh Amanda
Marsha @ Sweatpants Mom
Linday @ Surburban Turmoil
Beth @ I Should BeFolding Laundry
Maria @ Blue Suit Momand Newbaby.com

If you want to follow our tweets during the trip, check out search.twitter.com and search for hashtag #magicalmoms. We will be using this hash tag as we share about the oodles of Disney fun we will be having! I don’t have one of those fancy schmancy phones to tweet with, so I will be tweeting when I have access to my computer :) But, I may have some of them tweet my magical emotions! LOL

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on April 29, 2009

• Lori - April 29, 2009 @ 2:49 pm

Oh, girl! I’m so happy you’ll get a fun weekend away. Couldn’t happen to a nicer blogger. I can’t wait to see your pics and hear all the great ideas for Disney on the cheap – I’ve never been so I need the inside scoop.

Hey, any bullriding planned this time???

• mommysnacks - April 29, 2009 @ 3:24 pm
      1.1

Lori, thanks! I don’t know if there are bulls down at Disney. I’m sure one of the many rides will give me the thrill though ;)

• Angela Wilson - April 29, 2009 @ 3:21 pm

Disney without kids is a WONDERFUL experience. Different, but wonderful.

• Emily M. - April 29, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

That’s sweet! You are such a brave woman to have done Disney with such little kids in the past! I’m too scared to go until they’re all a little older. BUT we did the Disney cruise last fall with a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old (wouldn’t have been my choice, but it was with my husband’s whole family). And I have to say, cruising with children that young is a challenge – but Disney does everything in their power to make it a good experience. Our waiter had fresh vegetables pureed for my 8 month old every evening at dinner – that’s better than he was getting at home!

Have fun, can’t wait to hear about your experience!

• Joy - April 29, 2009 @ 3:28 pm

I just have to say I so agree with you on the Disney cruise. We are going on our 3rd one in Sept. and hopefully our 4th in Sept. 2011. We try to go every other year. Have a great time at Disney World without the kids!!

• Phoebe @ Cents to Get Debt Free - April 29, 2009 @ 3:31 pm

What an awesome opportunity!

We’re hoping to make it to Disney in the next few years, so I look forward to your tips!

• Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting - April 29, 2009 @ 4:01 pm

Oh my goodness, girl, we’re gonna have a BLAST! I can’t wait!!!

• oh amanda - April 29, 2009 @ 4:12 pm

Oh, I’ve done a Disney Cruise FOUR times now and I’m with you—there is NO other way to sail! *sigh*

Cannot wait to meet you!!

• chris(baldscreen) - April 29, 2009 @ 5:32 pm

Andrea, congratulations!! I am so happy for you and know you will have a “magical” time. :) Can’t wait to hear about your trip…..

• Kelly - April 29, 2009 @ 5:59 pm

Oh sweetness!!! You lucky girl you! I am so craving another get away since LA. What a blast it will be. Do they have room for one more??! ;)

I cant wait to hear about how to do it for cheap, I havent been since i was like 3. I can’t wait to go back and take my kids some day. they bug all the time!

Have a blast! I know you will!

• lee - April 29, 2009 @ 9:00 pm

You should go to animal kingdom and ride Everest (if u like coasters) it’s great. Not sure if they finished Dpowntown Disney reconstruction since they closed Pleasure Island but might be worth it since they were adding more shops and restaurants.
    To Joy: I hope you had cancelation insurance because Sept is the Peak of hurricane season, although this year is planned to be “normal” amount of hurricanes. (i live 5 min from OIA)

• Joy - April 30, 2009 @ 8:36 am

Lee, we always cruise every other year in Sept. The price is always so much cheaper because it is hurricane season. It’s usually less then half of what it is during peak times. So far we have never had an issue, but we do purchase trip insurance just in case though. Hopefully we won’t have to use it but with the luck we seem to be having this year, I am glad I purchased that insurance.

• Heather - April 30, 2009 @ 9:46 am

Wow. I hope you have a wonderful time. We went to Disney last weekend. The weather was perfect around 79 with a little breeze.Everytime we go it’s like the first time and we often. We live in FL about 2 hours south of Orlando. Enjoy!

• Kim - April 30, 2009 @ 10:07 am

I’m so excited to see this post. I was just contemplating taking my 3 yr old son to Disney World and would love to find a frugal way to do it!!! I can’t wait to see your post-Disney post!

• lisa - July 02, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

hey, congrats on the invite…how in t he world did you get the invite to begin with…? i am working on a mommy travel blog myself and would love to know if there is a site to go to where i can get noticed by disney as well…
    thanks so much…