Happy Birthday Sweet Andon!!

DSCN0560

You are 2 and I am floored! I seems like yesterday that we were praying for your safe and healthy delivery. We continue to thank the Lord each day that He held us as we were so scared with your health issues coming into this world (you can read the story of Andons diagnosis and healing here). Two years later, you have become a little boy – completely healthy, rowdy, ornery and full of sweetness! Oh, why yes, I did make that cake ;)

Your love. You love your brothers so much! Well, Caleb annoys the daylights out of you. But, you just love big brother, T. And, he loves you the same – he always finds patience when he's playing with you.

DSCN0594

DSCN0273

Your feet. You will have some weird obsession with those feet as you get older. You kinda do have an obsession with them, actually. I can only blame myself. I do publicly admit to kissing those toes as a little baby, because they were so sweet! Well, now they are becoming toddler toes w/ dirt and sweat. Just remember that random strangers and friends who visit don't want to see your feet in their face, k? It's funny, you won't smile at the camera but you sure will stick your feet up for us to see!

DSCN0589

Your baby mullet. What can I say? It will be going in your baby book soon (thanks to a much needed first haircut). Even after Caleb offering you an impromptu cut several months ago, it is still long! You finally have hair on top of your head, but that baby mullet proclaimed, “I'm here for the party!”

DSCN0527

Your ornery boyish-ness. Sometimes happy, sometimes stubborn (no idea where you get that). Even with all of your “mine“, “no” “uh uh“, and my favorite “Uh-Oh” (with your mouth shaped into a perfect -O-), you crack us up! You are 110% all boy! You love dirt, getting buried in the sand (from your sand box, which isn't the same as the ocean sand, babe), animals, strangers (yes, we need to work on that) and singing. To see you sing/babble the words to “How Great is Our God” brings mommy to tears every time! Just today you were singing “Finally Home” too. As they were singing “woooo ooooo” you did too. It was so precious, I didn't want it to stop!

DSCN0625

DSCN0405

You have completed this family of ours. You don't like your pictures being taken much (unless it's the feet, of course) so I'm not sure we'll ever get a good family picture while you're so rebellious. But, YOU (in our coordinating blue outfits on Easter) are the perfect fit to this house with mommy feeling like a Princess in a castle of Princes!!

DSCN0452

I can't wait to see how you grow up sweet little monster-boy!

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on April 28, 2009

• Shannanb aka mommy bits - April 28, 2009 @ 9:34 am

Auh, you have such a beautiful family! Birthday’s are hard for me. I am constantly asking the boys if they will stay little forever. Unfort. they think that is a bad idea. PS. That cake looks awesome!

• Jenny from Mommin' It Up! - April 28, 2009 @ 9:35 am

aww, super-sweet! I love the baby mullet! so glad I got to meet your two little ones the other day!

• Business Mommy - April 28, 2009 @ 11:14 am

What a cutie! Mine is turning 1 in a couple weeks, I can’t believe it.. But he’s going to have the same obsession with feet. He’s going to be walking soon, so the feet kissing will have to stop. That’s so cute how yours always wants to show his feet in pictures. And three boys. My goodness.

• chris(baldscreen) - April 28, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

Andrea, this post was so precious, and I loved the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Birthday to Andon. :)

• rachel-asouthernfairytale - April 28, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

Sooo sweet!

Happy Birthday precious boy!
    LOVE the pics!!!

Happy Birth Day to you, momma!

• Ashley - April 28, 2009 @ 3:44 pm

precious

• Erin - April 28, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

awww Happy Birthday Andon! what a beautiful family you have and it sounds like you are a very sweet but very much boy kinda boy ;-)

Mommy isn’t is great to hear them sing those songs. we have that as a ringtone and my 3 yd old who isn’t very vocal will sing it and just recently he has learned and will sing Victory in Jesus. its so stinkin cute I love it. and I love that they may not comphend all of it but the are starting the foundation and what better way to learn then through music. lol and obviously even kids think repitition is good becuse they have a favorite and will stick with it until they find a new favorite, right now my 7 yr olds fav is ‘Jesus is my Security’ lol every sunday night when they take song suggestions he is the first one jumping up and raising his hand and the whole church knows what song he will pick. lol luckily he Grandma is the piano player and music coordinator so we almost always sing it ;-)

btw I know about baby mullets too my son who is 3 and 5 months is about to get his first hair cut he looks like a lion now that its longer and his curls have grown out his daddy said a haircut would be the best thing he could get for his bd in May. Me on the other hand love it and am going to cry when all those curls hit the floor :-(

• Susan - April 28, 2009 @ 6:44 pm

He is our cute, stubborn Andon. I can’t believe he’s two already. What cute pics. You look awesome in that dress for Easter.

• Karen R - April 28, 2009 @ 7:55 pm

Happy 2nd birthday to Andon! He has gone thru a lot in his young life. Your family is beautiful.

• Angie - April 28, 2009 @ 8:44 pm

Happy Birthdyay to Andon! Love the photos!

• Paul - April 29, 2009 @ 1:27 pm

Yeah little Andon completes the family. He is so funny to watch and play with-he cracks himself up. Thanks for the post Andrea, it helps us to realize we have so much to be thankful for in our lives. The Lord has blessed us so much. I love you baby!

• Amy @ AmyLovesIt! - April 30, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

Happy Birthday, Mr. Andon!

Andrea, wanna make a cake for my girls’ party? Their party is Saturday. ;)

• Michelle - April 30, 2009 @ 9:48 pm

I, too, love toddler feet…I kiss my 2 year olds’ stinky feet every day :) Thanks for sharing this!

• Marianne - May 01, 2009 @ 9:18 pm

Happy {belated} birthday, Andon. You are so loved by your mama – she talks about you all the time.

Especially those freaky feet!

Love the pix of you guys – and you are so very blessed as a family!

;-)

• Tiffany - May 02, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

I just had to comment again.. I’m Tiffany! Not sure if we have ever chatted before. I saw this picture of you, your husband and your three boys and I thought it was adorable

I have two little boys and I am always telling my husband that a third boy would be so great.

Not that a little girl wouldn’t be accepted. Coming from a family of boys, I would be lost with a girl.

Anyway your family is amazing! Very sweet pictures!

Tiffany