Diet & Fitness Snack: Fat Burnin’ Friday

This was a tough week in our house. We all had the flu bug on a different day. Now, the upside to that for me was an extra pound down – actually, I lost 3 total. But, I’m sure at least 2 of those were from my discipline last week and living on Kellogg’s Blueberry cereal this week (man that stuff was the only food that I could keep down and it was 100 calories – double score! :-)

So, because I literally had flu-like symptons again and had zero energy to do anything, my running shoes never slipped on my toes at all this week. The one time I did get the energy to do it, the electricity went out so I couldn’t get on the treadmill. And, I was actually disappointed because I just wanted to do it!

While I’ve said before that it’s OK to take breaks – mentally I think it helps rejuvenate you. This week, the only tip I have is if you are sick allow your body time to rest so you have the energy and strength to go full-force when your body says so.

By the way – thanks to all for the suggestions on the Fiber One Bars. I purchased several boxes this week since they were on sale. Can’t wait to include them in my daily snack!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 35
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 5

How did you do this week? Please share your results and link up! Try to visit at least one other person who is linking up this week to show your support – we’re all in this together!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Time for you to share your Fat Burnin’ tip and results. Feel free to grab the logo above by right clicking and saving to your computer. Please leave a link that goes directly to your post. Links that go to your homepage may be deleted. You can leave a comment too if you don’t have a blog!

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on January 16, 2009

• Amy - January 16, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

This is my first post on Fat Burnin’ Friday… I love all of your posts, Andrea!

• Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net - January 16, 2009 @ 3:21 pm

Amy – I just stopped over at your place. Thanks for linking up!

• Amy - January 16, 2009 @ 3:30 pm

Thanks for the comment. I forgot to say in my earlier comment to you that I hope you are feeling much better!

• one frugal lady - January 16, 2009 @ 5:41 pm

Hey, You just won an award from me! Check it out at http://onefrugallady.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-won-award.html
    Enjoy!

• BrandyEllen - January 16, 2009 @ 11:23 pm

Thanks for this post I love it. too bad I could never keep up or else I would participate! ((HUGS))

• MarciaBrady - January 17, 2009 @ 1:46 am

Yah, I just discovered SparkPeople.com last month. It does have a lot of great tools. I hadn’t looked at the online food journal. I had just been keeping it in a notebook. I’ll have to check it out.

I’m also going to have to look into the fiber thing. I had actually bought some Benefiber, but haven’t started taking it yet.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I think it’s awesome that you’ve started this. THANKS! It’s nice to have support and others to talk to who are also on this journey!

• Kristina - January 20, 2009 @ 7:00 am

I would love to join the Fat Burnin’ Friday! Friday was my weigh in day at WW but I have stopped going :( However, I have not given up! Can anyone tell me a little more about Sparkpeople? Are you supposed to follow their meal plans or can you just enter what you eat and track things that way?
    Thanks!

• Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net - January 23, 2009 @ 3:42 am

Kristina – welcome aboard!! I did a post on Sparkpeople at:

It is a great site that I would suggest for anyone!!