Thank a Veteran Today!!

This soldier served in the US Air Force and during Vietnam he suffered injuries. Many of those injuries deteriorated over the years. While they did not take his life in that war, they ultimately lead to him joining Jesus in Heaven 3 years ago.

How do I know this? He’s my dad. He would have celebrated his 65th birthday this month.

I am proud to have many veterans in my family: my husband, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, my BFF’s husband. These men, and many women, give their life so we can live on with the many freedoms we have today!

Freedom doesn’t come cheap. Please take time to thank a veteran today – for the life they gave honorably so that we can be FREE! That’s a FREEbie I would never want to miss out on!

Happy Veteran’s Day!!!
by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on November 11, 2008

• Natalie - November 11, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

AMEN! My dad was a Marine during Vietnam and lost his leg serving his country. That injury has led to several more healh issues that he has to deal with every day. My dad is almost 63 and I am so proud of him and all the other men and women who have served or are serving their country. They are what makes this the land of the free and the home of the brave.

• ChateauKaufman.com - November 11, 2008 @ 3:39 pm

Thank you for sharing your dad’s story, and reminding us that freedom is never free. :hugs:

And by the way, I think you look just like him! :)

• Cincinnati Cents - November 11, 2008 @ 5:37 pm

Andrea -
    What a great tribute to your Dad! This is such a wonderful reminder to be so very thankful to all of our enlisted and veterans. Their sacrifice is a precious gift to our country. May God bless all of our veterans and enlisted men and women!

• french kissing in the U.S.A. - November 11, 2008 @ 5:41 pm

That is such a beautiful picture! It makes me happy to look at it!

• Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva - November 11, 2008 @ 5:49 pm

My father is a veteran. He fought in the Vietnam War and Operation Dessert Storm. I wasn’t born when he was in the Vietnam War, but I was in the second grade when he went to Operation Dessert Storm. I missed him so much, and it wasn’t until I got older that I appreciated what he did for our country. My fiance’s mother is also a Veteran. My father did 25 years and his mother did 20+ years.

Happy Veterans Day to your father.

• Anonymous - November 11, 2008 @ 8:28 pm

Andrea this was a great mommysnack! Your dad was very handsome and I can see him in all the boys.

Happy Veterans Day <3

• Anonymous - November 11, 2008 @ 10:09 pm

Hi Andrea, this is baldscreen. I loved this post. I have several blogs I check every day, including some of the other national ones. You were the only one to mention thanking a veteran.

• $5 Dinner Mom - November 12, 2008 @ 1:48 am

Thanks for sharing such a great tribute to you dad! How wonderful to be surrounded by so many veterans. I hope you’ve had a blessed day remembering him and honoring your friends and family!
    Erin

• Louanne - November 13, 2008 @ 2:24 am

Thanks for this. We also blogged about the day by showing a photo of my husband’s fathers name on the Vietnam wall. He has also lost 2 cousins in Iraq.

God Bless those who serve our country.