Diet & Fitness Snack: Fat Burnin’ Friday

Wow has it been HOT here! In the 90′s..um, Hello Ohio..it’s September now, geesh! Well, my schedule has changed a little since my son is in football and I’ve been exercising during half of his practice so the sun is beating down on me at 6 pm. I do love to exercise in the evenings though – I feel like I have more energy and can accomplish more fat burnin’ then! Which makes me think of this tip…

Find a time that works best for your exercise!

I know that can be hard for mommies as we try to just fit it in (with everything else). Honestly though, back in January, I would aim at getting my routine done in the morning. Well, that time just kept getting pushed back farther and farther. Before I knew it, it was NOON and I still had to exercise, clean the house AND take a shower! And, even then, I was sluggish. So, since it’s been nice outside, I find that getting out to run in the evening is more invigorating and motivating for me. I have more energy and feel like I can really maximize my fat burnin’ time. But, the sun does get hot! I stay hydrated so I figure I’m just sweatin’ off a few more calories, right?

What time do you exercise? Have you tried other times of the day and felt your body telling you it’s not gonna work? What do you do when that happens – drink a Red Bull and force your body into submission…HAHA! I need to try that one!

On the the weight front…I lost 1 stinkin’ pound! I am happy about that (despite my “stinkin” remark) as it does put me in a new line of sight to meet my goal – just 9 pounds to go now. What ever will I do when I meet goal…ahhh, guess I have at least a few more weeks to think about that one! And, since it’s a lifestyle for me now, I’m not too concerned about it!

Fat Burnin’ Pounds Lost since Jan 1-08: 31
Fat Burnin’ Pounds to go: 9

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on September 05, 2008

• Anonymous - September 05, 2008 @ 12:59 pm

Went shopping last night and was able to get into jeans one size smaller!!! Yippee! You better be givin me a WootWoot! Maybe my butt IS going to get smaller. Keep going every day 6-6:45 now that school has started. Keep on doin what you’re doin. You look amazing!!!! I am so proud of you. Especially in those white pants. Way to go girl!

Love, Dawn

• Frugal Dad - September 05, 2008 @ 1:58 pm

Great job! 31 pounds down this year is amazing! I really need to get going on some sort of workout myself, but I am incredibly uninspired at the moment.

• Kelly - September 05, 2008 @ 2:12 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss! Slow and steady is the way to go if you wanna make sure it’ll stay off. I like to exercise in the morning, so it’s “out of the way” and I don’t have to dread it the rest of the day (I don’t particularly enjoy it, can you tell?). Then I can shower and get on with my day! BTW, I love your blog! You make me laugh!

• Briana - September 05, 2008 @ 2:18 pm

Congrats on being so close!!!! It is going to get harder now that you are close!!!

I just started running about 5 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago on a VLCD monitored by my dr. Slowly, I'm losing weight! I have quite a bit to go…I can't wait until I am as close as you are!

We want to see some before & after for motivation!!!

• mom_of2boys - September 05, 2008 @ 6:09 pm

Great job! I’m glad to hear that you are outside walking in this heat…not me! I did swim a couple laps but that’s about as much as I’m getting out in it.

I have found that my mood determines what time works best for me. I really love to workout anytime I can.

• Cassie - September 05, 2008 @ 7:37 pm

Congrats on your weight loss; that’s awesome!

I despise working out. So another mommy friend and I started walking together one evening a week once our husbands are home and the kids are in bed. In addition to the health benefits it’s natural accountability having someone else to exercise with, and it gives us gals some kid-free time to connect with each other.

Keep it up, and thanks for your blog; I really enjoy it. =)