Soul Snack: Then Sings My Soul Saturday

I just loaded this song on my ipod for my regular fat burnin’ routine. Well, I just keep hitting the repeat button as I’m sweating because the beat is GREAT and I love the message! Even though it’s not a christian song, the message is one I can hold on to and run with (literally and figuratively)!

Do you have a pocket full of sunshine? When she sings “sun”shine or says “sun,” I’m thinking of the Son of the Heavens, Jesus! In the last part of the song, she sings, “the sun is on my side….I know I’ll be alright…” Yeap, as long as the SON is on my side, I will be alright!

I hope you enjoy this song and definitely enjoy the many other songs listed at Amy’s place! I so loving going over to hear some AMAZING music every Saturday!

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on June 28, 2008

• Peggy - June 28, 2008 @ 4:20 am

Thanks Andrea…quite the snack.. for a fat burning routine…LOVE IT

I so enjoyed the Sonshine scene…
    “take me away…my hiding place” is the line that stuck out to me!
    And indeed Jesus is my Hiding Place..my Refuge..I liked the way you think and rewrote the song! Didn’t know it or the artist but it was definitely spiritually moving or at least your version…
    I was doing the head bopping…you think I lost any weight? (lol) Be blessed…and thanks!

• Cheryl - June 28, 2008 @ 4:22 am

Andrea,

Great song! Even the video could be taken as seeing the Son!

Thanks for broadening my horizons tonight!

Thanks for sharing!
    Cheryl

• Cristine - June 28, 2008 @ 5:27 am

I love this song, the beat is divine. I especially liked your take on it – relacing “sun” with “Son”… I’ll have to load it on my mp3 player.

• Melissa Lea - June 28, 2008 @ 1:20 pm

Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend! Wonderful song!

• Sita - June 28, 2008 @ 1:55 pm

My head is doing that bopping thing..can’t seem to stop it..help…love it…

• lana - June 28, 2008 @ 2:02 pm

Awesome song.. I can see how you would keep on playing it!
    Thanks for sharing.

• Mocha with Linda - June 28, 2008 @ 4:25 pm

Definitely can’t keep still while listening to that one!

• ocean mommy - June 28, 2008 @ 5:53 pm

I need to come back here everymorning and burn some fat with this!!!

have a great weekend
    stephanie

• Greg or Amy Wyatt - June 28, 2008 @ 6:34 pm

As I clicked on this song and it started to play my 4 year old, Mary Lynsdey started dancing to the music. Thanks for sharing and the laugh with my daughter. Greg

• SharonB - June 28, 2008 @ 11:35 pm

The beat is great!! It’s a fun song – thanks for sharing it!

• Sara - June 29, 2008 @ 12:21 am

Thank you for this recomendation, I’m adding it to my playlist. I have such a hard time finding songs that are appropriate to be listening too, yet tempoed enough I can actually run with. This is great. Thanks

• [email protected] - June 29, 2008 @ 1:27 am

What a fun song. I see why you like it. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to listen, again. It is fun.