Soul Snack: Then Sings My Soul Saturday

I just loaded this song to my ipod this week. While I was running I really began to listen to the words and love it! I plan on sitting down with our oldest son to listen to this song. He is at the age where “fitting in” is the cool and easy way out. But, going with the flow is absolutely not how I want him to fit in, especially if it means not sticking up for someone or just being a spectator. I want him to know that his actions will change the world! Even in their young age, they are becoming leaders and can change lives – they can be heroes too! But only with God’s wisdom and love!

Enjoy you Saturday and Memorial Day Weekend!! Please take time and stop by Amy’s blog today, and every Saturday!!

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on May 24, 2008

• Cheryl - May 24, 2008 @ 4:50 am

You are so right correct! Thanks for sharing!

• April - May 24, 2008 @ 12:16 pm

Wow! That song is powerful. I hope to instill that message in my girls!

• Stephanie (Ocean Mommy) - May 24, 2008 @ 1:03 pm

That is a great song! And I LOVE that message…..

Have a blessed weekend
    steph.

• Susan - May 24, 2008 @ 1:16 pm

Wow, what a POWERFUL song!!! I haven’t heard it before.

Thanks…

Happy Memorial Day!!

• Tanja - May 24, 2008 @ 1:30 pm

Great song. New to me, but i loved it.

• LAURIE - May 24, 2008 @ 4:22 pm

Andrea, thank you for stopping by my TSMSS and I am so glad you got a kick out of my video post. A must see for all Pastors wives or PK’s! I enjoyed your TSMSS video as well and since this was my first time to your page…WOW…I love all the helpful hints of saving money. With the way the economy is going…we need to clip and save everywhere. I will definetly come back and check out your sweet buys! -blessings, Laurie

• Lavonne - May 24, 2008 @ 4:33 pm

Andrea,
    That’s a great song, I love Superchick (hubby is not a fan though). I’ll add it to my daughter’s MP3 player this week and hope she likes it. :)

BTW, I tagged you on my blog for a getting-to-know you game. :)

• Mel's World - May 24, 2008 @ 6:23 pm

WOW…I have NEVER heard that song, but it certainly sets the example for our kids…my boys are 12 and 14 and each and every day I pray over them before they go to school to “Be the LEADERS that God created them to”.

Very well said Andrea!

I am totally loving the snacks you have here on your blog and can’t wait to find out more! (Have you heard of the Grocery Game??? It is RIGHT UP your alley)

Nice to meet ya!
    Melissa in Mel’s World

• Peggy - May 24, 2008 @ 7:43 pm

Andrea, What a wise decision to sit down and go over this with your son…it’s so difficult growing up in these times and so many are desperate…Good choice!

Great running song! It is this rhythm that catches young peoples attention and like you many times they listen without really listening to what’s being said!

Bless you for stopping over to leave me some encouragement!

Is Superchicks Christian? This is by them right? Well, I notice at the end whoever did the YouTube video is..so Praise God for their and your sharing! Enjoy the weekend! Be blessed!!!Peggy

• Shari - May 25, 2008 @ 2:03 am

Two of my kids are going to watch this video. They are at that age, too. I hadn’t heard of Superchick before. This song has a good message and I’m going to check out their other songs.

• Earthmommy - May 25, 2008 @ 2:33 am

A powerful and timely message.

• Amy Wyatt - May 25, 2008 @ 5:27 pm

Wow, what an amazingly powerful song. Most songs I’ve heard by Superchick I like. I had not heard this one before. Thanks for sharing.

• Hearts And Home - May 26, 2008 @ 1:37 am

Great video, I watched it and then called my kids, 12,15 and 17, over to watch it with me.

• mom_of2boys - May 28, 2008 @ 12:46 pm

I’m trying to play catch up from a busy weekend…

Great song! I’ll have to download this to my older son’s and niece’s ipods (even my own while I’m at it).