I’m starting to get more into Personal Finance blogs lately since we’re getting way more focused on getting out of debt and getting smarter about our money! Dawn @ Frugal for Life is hosting a “25 Ways to Save Money” post for all to share how they save. So, I thought I would share my 25 ways we save money in the hopes it helps you like the other posts have inspired me!
- Have a budget.
- Stick to my budget.
- Challenge my budget (what can be cut out, can we go a month without, etc).
- Understanding our health benefits and utilize our company’s Flexible Spending Account.
- Use coupons for everything! I use Sunday Insert and Internet Printable Coupons for all groceries.
- Purchase coupons (or pay for someone’s time to clip/mail coupons).
- Shop at CVS and Walgreens. This feeds my desire to get a really good deal while spending very little money – Win/Win.
- Use RX coupons for new/transferred RX’s (and buying those coupons on Ebay also).
- Combine errands to save gas and time (time should always be factored into any equation).
- Creating menu plans and cooking from my menu plans (yes, you have to actually cook it).
- Making foods from scratch (like my yummy noodles).
- Don’t eat out as much. This not only saves money but it’s a necessity when you have 3 kiddos and are personally trying to lose weight!
- Stockpile grocery and health/beauty items (and diapers).
- Pay twice the monthly payment (or more) on current debt. This lowers any finance charges that would potentially apply.
- Purchase next season’s clothing for my kids while they are clearanced at the end of the season.
- Reading blogs and other sites on hot deals, ways to save and be frugal.
- Bank online. This eliminates stamps I would have to use to send out payments.
- Turn lights and other electronics off when not in a room.
- Use a cell phone with pre-paid minutes (tracfone).
- Saving aluminum cans.
- Participate in online surveys. This earns me a little money while saving funds from my budget.
- Get my oil changed per the factory suggestions not the oil companies’!
- Shop online to earn cash back with sites likeEbates, BigCrumbs,Upromise and Swag Bucks .
- Purchase memberships or annual passes for family activities.
- Tithe and pray. Praying about how we spend money and giving back to God is key to making it all work for us!
If you have time, I would highly recommend going to visit Frugal for Life and read the list of others’ that Dawn has linked in her original post. You just might find your own way to save money that you never thought of before!
There is so much value in everyone sharing their ways to save! If you do make a list, would you please leave me a comment here so I know where to go read yours? I’m all about finding a great tip to help save our family some MOOLA!