Soul Snack: Then Sings My Soul Saturday

I’m a regular participant in Amy’s “Then Sings My Soul Saturday.” Be sure to visit Amy’s blog to hear others share some of their favorite songs every Saturday!

I had a song picked out, but then changed my mind. I heard this song again today and I thought, “that’s my song tomorrow!” This is such an amazing song and it’s been out for a few months! I had it on my myspace page for a while as I was connecting with old friends – I wanted them to know that I was still me, but I’m not the same Andrea from all those years ago. God is now a resident in my soul and He’s changed me – I’m not who I was!

The beginning of the video has the writer and singer, Brandon Heath’s, personal story about writing the song – I always love to hear this from an artists’ perspective. I hope you enjoy the song and have a blessed day today!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrGfA6y9fNI&hl=en]

by Savings Lifestyle: Andrea on April 26, 2008

• Susan - April 26, 2008 @ 3:03 am

Oh yes, this is one of my favs. I’ve shared with others, and it puts me in such a “good mood” each time I listen to it!!

Thanks for sharing this. Oh, by the GRACE of God, I’m not who I was before…Mending, forgiven, insecure and the list goes on and on!

Blessings to you‚ô•

• Carol - April 26, 2008 @ 4:26 am

This is one of my favorites. It’s one we can all relate to. Thanks for sharing.

• SharonB - April 26, 2008 @ 11:24 am

I’ve not heard this song before! It was beautiful! Thank you for sharing it! It was a wonderful reminder…we are not who we were!!

• beckyjomama - April 26, 2008 @ 11:26 am

LOVE IT!!!!!

Even more now with te testimony.
    Thanks!

• Lady in Waiting - April 26, 2008 @ 6:21 pm

You won my bloggy giveaway!!! Can’t wait to start working with you!!! :)

• Amy Wyatt - April 26, 2008 @ 6:21 pm

Wow… I loved this song anyway, but now maybe even more because of the video. I had never seen the clip before. It was so powerful Real people, really changed by God’s grace, the most amazing thing! So glad you shared this!

• Peggy - April 26, 2008 @ 7:10 pm

By the Grace of God, I’m NOT who I was…fantastic video that really shows this songs REALNESS! First time hearing this song and it will be one I’ll listen to and be reminded Who I am in Christ!

Thank you sharing….guess changing your mind was listening to the prompting of the Holy Spirit!And you’re right personal artist input, like Brandon Heath, makes your perspective and impact much greater!!

• Lori - April 26, 2008 @ 8:06 pm

Wow! That was absolutely amazing! I’d never heard it before, but I think it will be my next download!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lori

• Marianne Thomas - April 26, 2008 @ 8:22 pm

Loved it…tears in my eyes.

So good to be bigger and better with His love.

• Angela @ Refresh My Soul Blog - April 26, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

I LOVE this song too! Great choice!
    Blessings,
    Angela
    PTL-I am not who I was either.

• T√§nia - April 26, 2008 @ 11:21 pm

Yes, I love this song so much. I was happy to see the video that went along with it too. Had not seen that one! HUGS!

Tänia of http://www.weirblessed.com/faithprints

• Michelle - April 27, 2008 @ 2:58 am

I love this song. The video and message may be even more beautiful than the lyrics. Thanks for sharing.

• Xandra - April 27, 2008 @ 11:48 am

This is such a powerful song about the power of the Holy Spirit to change our hearts. Thanks for sharing!

Xandra

• Cheri - April 27, 2008 @ 6:03 pm

Love this song…thank God I’m not who I was!!